Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
no sympathy for anyone who's ever auto faded someone for being on tuf.
Yeah, I would never do that. I loved taking advantage of that Caceres line vs Escovedo, it was like +270. That was such an easy, easy fight for me to predict. I love it everytime I get ridiculous lines line that. Others that come to mind are Jim Hettes vs Nam Phan, Michael Johnson vs Shane Roller, Siver vs Nunes, Siyar vs Thiago, Lavar Johnson vs Joey Beltran, Lavar vs Barry, and Hacran Dias vs Yuri Alcantara, and those are just off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
What do those fights have to do with tuf
insert vaughany scratch head emoticon
I wasn't talking about TUF. I was talking about getting unbelievable lines. Mentioned the Caceres play at first as an example then made a segway. Get with the program, buddy.

I'll auto fade certain fighters that have been on TUF, not because they've been on TUF, but because they suck... some TUF fighters I would always think twice before betting against... I think Caceres would be hard to bet against anyone... Kid keeps improving...

Yeah I dont fade them because they've been on TUF but because how they performed on TUF and who they faced in TUF. But as is quite clear now fighters can look totally different after TUF whether it be due to not being comfortable on the show, having injuries during the show (for instance Delorme had staph infection jus before the Dillashaw fight), not fighting at their optimum weight during the show, drastically improving during and after the show, etc.. or a combination of all.

yeah it's tough to get a read on TUF guys. It seems like they improve so much after getting out of the house and they have that time to rest up and train where they're most comfortable before the finale (except for last year). Guys mentioned above seem to be twice as good as they were a year or two ago. It's obvious they'd get better over time, but it just seems they improve at a faster rate than other fighters, probably b/c we get to see them progress through their careers more so than other guys who weren't on TUF.

I don't auto fade TUFers, but love to see skewed odds based on a fighter's popularity / notoriety on that show...

Kimbo and his arthritic legs versus Roufus Sport's Meathead
Jamie Yager and his flashy strikes versus Rich Attonito
etc

But yeah, you gotta keep a level head and monitor TUFers development - Caceres being a prime example; and Brad Tavares has shown a bit as well...

"(Chris) Weidman, or the winner of the Cuban vs. (Tim) Boetsch. I'm waiting for my confirmation on the Rio card, see who's gonna be my opponent. Nobody send me anything yet. I believe I'll get an answer on that next week. Muņoz has no guard, he's not a jiu-jitsu fighter. That's a wrestler vs. wrestler match-up, who got to the top position would win. He was tagged, that's it. I don't care what [Weidman's] gonna do. I know what I'm gonna do: Go for the knockout or the submission."

Vitor

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
"(Chris) Weidman, or the winner of the Cuban vs. (Tim) Boetsch. I'm waiting for my confirmation on the Rio card, see who's gonna be my opponent. Nobody send me anything yet. I believe I'll get an answer on that next week. Muņoz has no guard, he's not a jiu-jitsu fighter. That's a wrestler vs. wrestler match-up, who got to the top position would win. He was tagged, that's it. I don't care what [Weidman's] gonna do. I know what I'm gonna do: Go for the knockout or the submission."

Vitor
lol @ the cuban.