Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by everythingred View Post
Look who was right....Bruce Leeroy did decently on TUF and I saw his submission game in street fights on youtube. Come on guys, 3 straight submission losses was the tell of the day.
None of those submission losses were anything like this one. It's like comparing someone who's had TKO stoppages due to ground and pound with falling tree KOs.

Granted, Caceres was definitely the right side.

Look who was right....Bruce Leeroy did decently on TUF and I saw his submission game in street fights on youtube. Come on guys, 3 straight submission losses was the tell of the day.
It wasn't that you were on the wrong side, it was the fact that you used a fighter's wiki as your main argument for him winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
It wasn't that you were on the wrong side, it was the fact that you used a fighter's wiki as your main argument for him winning.
I could've used Sherdog to show you his last fights; it was to reference it. And my main point was seeing Bruce Leeroy's submission skills seeing him on TUF and his unsanctioned fights. The fact that he had a submission game and that Page lost 3 in a row to submissions, it was kind of a no-brainer.

I could've used Sherdog to show you his last fights; it was to reference it. And my main point was seeing Bruce Leeroy's submission skills seeing him on TUF and his unsanctioned fights. The fact that he had a submission game and that Page lost 3 in a row to submissions, it was kind of a no-brainer.
You tell em BOY !!!!!

Congrats
lol I think Kimbo Slice also had a decent submission game in streetfights!

I haven't watched the fights yet, I'm at work today so won't see them till later. Was it domination by Caceres or did he just catch him? Personally, I feel he's an ENTIRELY different fighter from TUF and yes I have seen him triangle some random bum in a backyard fight, but that means utterly nothing. Despite not securing any submissions in his last 3, his guard and his ground game in general really impressed me in all of them - anyone that can hang with Hettes for any amount of time on the ground knows what they are doing, and that was 2 fights before this one.

Glad I went with my heart on this one, got a little nervous the more people I saw going for Page. I had Caceres, Weidman, Weidman/Maia ITD and Njokuani - Njokuani I wasn't confident about and I should've given it a miss. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
I haven't watched the fights yet, I'm at work today so won't see them till later. Was it domination by Caceres or did he just catch him? Personally, I feel he's an ENTIRELY different fighter from TUF and yes I have seen him triangle some random bum in a backyard fight, but that means utterly nothing. Despite not securing any submissions in his last 3, his guard and his ground game in general really impressed me in all of them - anyone that can hang with Hettes for any amount of time on the ground knows what they are doing, and that was 2 fights before this one.

Glad I went with my heart on this one, got a little nervous the more people I saw going for Page. I had Caceres, Weidman, Weidman/Maia ITD and Njokuani - Njokuani I wasn't confident about and I should've given it a miss. Oh well.
Nice one, gutted I didnt play Weidman...played him in every fight so far but just couldnt pull the trigger. Was an amazing performance, total domination in every area.

I wouldnt say Caceres dominated but he was never in danger. Page probly won the first round jus due to a takedown and control on the ground but Caceres almost subbed him at end of tht round.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Nice one, gutted I didnt play Weidman...played him in every fight so far but just couldnt pull the trigger. Was an amazing performance, total domination in every area.

I wouldnt say Caceres dominated but he was never in danger. Page probly won the first round jus due to a takedown and control on the ground but Caceres almost subbed him at end of tht round.
Yeah, I saw the GIF of the Weidman finish - doesn't hold a candle to Carwin - Mir like people are saying but it's still really late.

Unlucky on Page, I had imagined he'd be pushing Caceres against the fence and dirty boxing as opposed to straight up taking him down considering losing 3 in a row by submission and Caceres' extremely active guard. Seems like poor game planning.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
Yeah, I saw the GIF of the Weidman finish - doesn't hold a candle to Carwin - Mir like people are saying but it's still really late.

Unlucky on Page, I had imagined he'd be pushing Caceres against the fence and dirty boxing as opposed to straight up taking him down considering losing 3 in a row by submission and Caceres' extremely active guard. Seems like poor game planning.

Yep, should of known he'd have a bad gameplan when I hear Greg Jackson wouldnt be there as he's on vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Pearson and GSot as coaches for TUF Smashes.... strange decision for me....neither guy has much of a bubbly personality! And I guess GSot will try to cut to FW?! Or Pearson is going to have to go back up. Maguire or Hardy for UK would of been much better http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ros...ia-vs-UK-44131
I can't be the only one who really dislikes TUF series where the coaches fight is pretty meaningless. Interesting to see if there's any UK/Aus prospects though.