Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Digo View Post
The only way that you can lose this bet is Hendo KO/TKO Jones with one of his H-bombs (what is almost impossible by the way). NO WAY this fight will go to the distance.
i agree its going to be really tough for dan to land the overhand, with the reach disadvantage as great as it's going to be. jones will have to F up royally to get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by DublinMeUp View Post
that's what i thought vs Rashad and look how that turned out

Edit: re the itd prop
Yeah, Bones was extra cautious in the fight, Greg jackson is such a pussy that guy ruins a lot of fights with his gameplans.

Rashad was looking for to hit a home run with that leg kick and was actually able to connect at the end of the first round which kinda rocked Bones. Rashad had very little weapons and Hendo has even less. No kicks, inferior footwork to Rashad, inferior cardio. He only has the "h-bomb" which is not hard to avoid when you know its coming and you can easily keep your opponent at range with your reach.

To be fair Bones did fock Rashad up and he showed a lot of heart in that fight taking the damage. Doesn't always translate into a finish I guess. I also suspect that Bones and Greg Jackson wanted to use the opportunity to make him go through a full 5 rounds atleast once in his career. Because if you have never been that deep in real fight you never really know how you will react when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
Rashad was looking for to hit a home run with that leg kick and was actually able to connect at the end of the first round which kinda rocked Bones. Rashad had very little weapons and Hendo has even less. No kicks, inferior footwork to Rashad, inferior cardio. He only has the "h-bomb" which is not hard to avoid when you know its coming and you can easily keep your opponent at range with your reach.
I wouldn't say it is easy to avoid. He just fought a versatile striker and top 3 LHW and landed it over and over again. Every fight fighters know it is coming....yet he has landed it at will over the last couple years.

Not saying he will vs. Jones who has crazy reach and kicks. But I don't think Bones wants to test it. He can probably play a pretty boring 1st round and then go in for TDs after that. There are ways to beat Dan, but he would be the last guy I would want to get too close too. That right hand is magic.

I expect Jones to wear him down and finish with elbows. Maybe even a sub. But I can see Hendo on his back and just unable to get Bones and his size off him. I see a crusifix position where Dan just has no chance of stopping elbows. Won't put Dan out by I could see repeated unaswered blows or cuts and the ref stopping it.

Rooting for Dan huge. Hopefully when Jones gets in the clinch he can hold his own long enough to let some uppercuts fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
haha I saw tht on Pinnacle last night and was like WTF?! What is it other than an obvious hot dog eating contest sponsored/including a man called Nathan?!
lol actually doesnt involve a guy named nathan. nathan's is the name of the hot dog company. they have this contest every year on july 4th. it can be pretty nasty actually. dudes shoving 60 hot dogs in their face in 10 minutes. this little takanori gomi dude used to dominate the competition, but he was banned for some reason. lol.