Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Pretty poor 1st half tho...so many mis-placed passes and congestion. We dont have any width. Estigarribia really isnt quite good enough IMO and Lichsteiner isnt getting involved. Eljero Elia should be playing and Pepe if he's fit. Elia is another talent we've wasted...end up being another Olivier Kapo!
Elia who?? That man is forgotten and he was a fairly hot prospect. Its too bad when those types of players get lost in a big club and you as a fan want them to play. Its a waste like you say. Then it hurts even more if they leave and lives up to their potential at another club.

At least you got Krasic to throw in there as a potential game-winner!

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kitty View Post
Elia who?? That man is forgotten and he was a fairly hot prospect. Its too bad when those types of players get lost in a big club and you as a fan want them to play. Its a waste like you say. Then it hurts even more if they leave and lives up to their potential at another club.

At least you got Krasic to throw in there as a potential game-winner!

(rofl)
haha yeah Elia will go to somebody in England or back to Germany and be a success. Krasic meanwhile can jog on back to Russia or Turkey! As long as we get 10 mil for him I'll be happy!

Oh well, leaving this season behind with a loss in the last game after such a stellar season gonna leave a mark. I think its all they gonna think about from now on, all Juventus players is gonna be mindfukked which will spoil next season

lol some guy really wanted Lavezzi's pants and pulled them down twice while he was celebrating, comedy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kitty View Post
Oh well, leaving this season behind with a loss in the last game after such a stellar season gonna leave a mark. I think its all they gonna think about from now on, all Juventus players is gonna be mindfukked which will spoil next season

lol some guy really wanted Lavezzi's pants and pulled them down twice while he was celebrating, comedy!
haha didnt see tht! They love stripping to their pants in Italy! Yee terrible performance...should of started Pepe and Vucinic and it's pretty clear how much we miss Chiellini and Buffon when they dont play. And to be fair we should of had a blatent penalty in first half when Marchisio was chopped from behind by Aronica! Oh well, if anybody was gonna beat us it was going to be Napoli with their pace and flair

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
To me it just looked like a glorified sparring session. There was even a point where gil unloaded and combo and it looked like it hurt Josh but then he held back. Gil never went for blood after the eye poke even when the ref didn't say shit. Doesn't seem like the usual mentality of the camp.
Is it just me or is Gil grossly overrated? I have seen his last 3 fights and have not been impressed at all. People keep saying he is the best LW in the world. Or at least top 3 but i'm not seeing it.
Seems more like a middle of the pack type in the UFC

I think guys like Frankie, Bendo, and even Pettis would take him. Need to see how be handles someone like Guida and it would say a lot. Those quick on their feet with good technique, tdd, and a 5 rd gas tank will give Gil major problems at the ufc level. Don't take anything away from Thomson though...the only thing that holds him back is his health. He's still a very legit lw

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
Is it just me or is Gil grossly overrated? I have seen his last 3 fights and have not been impressed at all. People keep saying he is the best LW in the world. Or at least top 3 but i'm not seeing it.
Last edited by sirchadwick1; 05-21-12 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
It depends on what you rated Gil before the fight. The Strikeforce clowns were saying #1 lw in the world, so if you go by that then he was way overrated before he even stepped in the cage last weekend.

It's not that he doesn't have the potential to be the best he just hasn't done anything to prove it. Just needs to test himself against the best in the UFC. I'm just saying my opinion of him hasn't changed at all because of this last fight because I think there were other factors affecting his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
strange jds/mir props

jds in round 1 is -120 on 5dimes
fight doesn't start round 2 is +120

wonder which one i took...
standard 5dimes/sportbet...I got JDS in Round 1 at +185 and it's clearly been hammered all the way down to -120 and they haven't updated Fight doesnt start round 2 in accordance