Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHKROTCHNECK View Post
Opinions divided ?? Who the hell are you asking ? I give Mir absolutely zero chance and I dont see how anyone can make a legitimate case for him. Some people might say that Mir can sub JDS after he gets blasted and JDS rushes in but they are seriously reaching.

JDS wins this all day long, won't even get out of the first.
Actually I haven't seen so many fights with JDS as you probably did and I'd be really grateful for any additional info or links.
I have to say that I read some discussions on Sherdog.com and some people there have an opinion that Mir is really acting cool on the ground and if the fight goes to the ground JDS might have problems. Do you agree with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimialex View Post
Actually I haven't seen so many fights with JDS as you probably did and I'd be really grateful for any additional info or links.
I have to say that I read some discussions on Sherdog.com and some people there have an opinion that Mir is really acting cool on the ground and if the fight goes to the ground JDS might have problems. Do you agree with this?
Man, the only way this fight goes to the ground will be when JDS KD Mir (like Minotauro did), but JDS is not the kind of guy that will try to submit him, he will hit his head just like he did with Velasquez. This fight will be a replay of JDS vs Velasquez, maybe Mir last a little longer, but the end will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimialex View Post
But there is zero chance of this fight going to the ground unless JDS initiates. So JDS wont shoot a double and the only time it could go to the ground is when Mir gets blasted and JDS goes in for the kill but JDS has shown in the past that he knows how to clear the guard get to a good position to finish a fight. JDS will win in the 1st rd. I would be shocked if Mir makes it out of the 1st rd.

Also JDS has been quoted as saying he is more than aware of the zombie like state mir goes into and he's not going to fall for it. This is a lock. Wouldnt even contemplate mir might as well burn the money myself. This is such a bad match up. I would have rather seen big foot silva/ JDS and cain/ mir, stylistically but this fight makes more sense in terms of rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by the josh View Post
a stag-do (or stag and doe, here in canada, presumably the same thing) is when the husband AND the wife have their "stag" version of party together at the same place.

fuckload gayer than a normal stag party
haha holy shit, tht would never happen over here! Stag-do here is just what y'all Americans call a Bachelor party I guess... basically going somewhere and getting the groom to be absolutely wasted for a wknd...no wives/future wives allowed anywhere near. Went to the arsehole of nowhere in Wales as well and was random as fuuck. Went out in Bangor (not the place Marcus Davis is from in Maine!... it's grimy student town at top of Wales...if y'all ever come over to Britain check it out...Some of the sluttiest girls and most inbred dudes u'll ever see! And only a couple miles away is amazing scenery and Mount Snowdon which we climbed whilst wankered and after an hours sleep...was absolute hell! Gonna be struggling big time this week
Last edited by Vaughany; 05-13-12 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHKROTCHNECK View Post
But there is zero chance of this fight going to the ground unless JDS initiates. So JDS wont shoot a double and the only time it could go to the ground is when Mir gets blasted and JDS goes in for the kill but JDS has shown in the past that he knows how to clear the guard get to a good position to finish a fight. JDS will win in the 1st rd. I would be shocked if Mir makes it out of the 1st rd.

Also JDS has been quoted as saying he is more than aware of the zombie like state mir goes into and he's not going to fall for it. This is a lock. Wouldnt even contemplate mir might as well burn the money myself. This is such a bad match up. I would have rather seen big foot silva/ JDS and cain/ mir, stylistically but this fight makes more sense in terms of rankings.
Oh I agree this is indeed a bad match up! I'd better watch a battle with Overeem! Such a shame the guy was replaced!! You didn't mention him, don't you feel the same way?
Last edited by Mimialex; 05-13-12 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
haha holy shit, tht would never happen over here! Stag-do here is just what y'all Americans call a Bachelor party I guess... basically going somewhere and getting the groom to be absolutely wasted for a wknd...no wives/future wives allowed anywhere near. Went to the arsehole of nowhere in Wales as well and was random as fuuck. Went out in Bangor (not the place Marcus Davis is from in Maine!... it's grimy student town at top of Wales...if y'all ever come over to Britain check it out...Some of the sluttiest girls and most inbred dudes u'll ever see! And only a couple miles away is amazing scenery and Mount Snowdon which we climbed whilst wankered and after an hours sleep...was absolute hell! Gonna be struggling big time this week

Wankered? Is that like being drunk while masturbating?

UFC on Fuel 3 plays:

Parlay: 31.12 units on Rivera (-240), Lawlor (-225), & JDS/Mir to Not Go the Distance (-750) to win 41.052 units;

21.7 units on Hougland at +210 to win 45.57 units;

6.044 units on Levesseur at Evens to win 6.044 units.

No arbing out of these! I think Hougland should be closer to +150 (I think he wins 40% of the time) so half-kelly unit play on him at +210. Think Levesseur should be slight favourite so taking him as well. Obviously just needs to avoid the guillotine, hopefully uses clinch and trip take-downs rather than singles and double-legs. Cody has been training with Diaz bros so I'm sure he has evolved a bit, and he's improved his diet and physical training so dont expect him to gas out early. But Levesseur's wrestling and power should be enough.

Will post my ramblings on Hougland/Jabouin, Rivera/Soto, & Lawlor/JMac in a bit.
Last edited by Vaughany; 05-14-12 at 03:36 AM.