Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
Im already BIG on Cormier. I think he really should be the favorite. -140 i would say.
Dude cormier should be a 3 to 1 favourite for this fight. Barnett hasnt fought a wrestler in 10yrs people are overlooking the fact that whilst his last two fights have been impressive he's fought against two fighters with terrible TDD. In fact he couldnt of handpicked any two better opponents to get himself through to the GP final. The difference in hand speed, technique combinations on the feet is night and day. Big foot has comparable stand up to barnett if not better and he got lit up. It wasnt even close and training partners say silva has very quick hands.

At even money this is such a good bet. I want to see the KO/TKO lines as well because I think he can catch barnett. Will probably cover my backside by putting something down on barnett by sub in a parlay. That's the only way he's winning if cormier over commits on the feet, makes a mistake and barnett can duck and clinch him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
I would set one up starting with the event on Tuesday but I'm going to be on a stag-do all wknd in Wales (do you call it "stag-do" in America?!). I'll be able to create one for UFC 146 and events after though. Gabe still owes me points from the last one tho!
Let me just say that not only do they not call it a stag-do in America, nobody in America knows what the **** a stag-do is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimialex View Post
So guys! Mir or JDS? Everywhere I ask this question I see opinions divided 50/50! What can you say??
Opinions divided ?? Who the hell are you asking ? I give Mir absolutely zero chance and I dont see how anyone can make a legitimate case for him. Some people might say that Mir can sub JDS after he gets blasted and JDS rushes in but they are seriously reaching.

JDS wins this all day long, won't even get out of the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimialex View Post
So guys! Mir or JDS? Everywhere I ask this question I see opinions divided 50/50! What can you say??
JDS all day in this matchup. Agile power puncher with excellent TDD versus a slow footed boxer with porous striking defence, awful wrestling and OK trips from the clinch (which JDS doesn't engage in). What good is excellent ju jitsu when you can't get the fight to the ground? (ex. Overeem/Werdum II)

This fight stays in JDS's world and never gets to Frank's world before Mir is KOed unless he plays possum and JDS overcommits but he seemed well aware of Mir's zombie state of consciousness on Primetime and will probably not go to the ground to finish Mir unless he can get clean shots off by passing his guard or while Frank's face down and Junior's postured up still.

I have a straight play on JDS, JDS in a parlay, and fight doesn't go 5 rounds in 2 parlays (all openers).