Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

The point is, the Morecraft line for many people (including myself) looked appealing at the time because we did not think Barry improved his submission defense enough to handle Morecraft. Barry has been submitted by the likes of Tim Hague and Mirko Cro Cop. Gabe, did you think Barry would be able to stuff Morecraft's submissions? And did you think that he would be able to ward off Morecraft's decent submission game if he was taken down? If so, I'm not sure what evidence at the time would lead you to such a conclusion. Barry, as expected, was taken down, and if Morecraft had a little more patience and picked his shots better (maybe going for an arm triangle or securing the back instead of going for an armbar) he could have won that fight. If Barry were to have stuffed all of Morecraft's takedowns and knocked Morecraft out then yes, I would call your Barry lock a great play. But the fact of the matter is, Barry was taken down twice with ease, and was mounted the second time almost immediately.

And, if you're going to call someone childish, then don't end all of the points in your arguments with LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
Wow Lavar looks 1.5 weight classes higher than Zwicker. It only takes one Pat Barry leg kick to buckle anyone.

Lavar keeps his chin up and swings wildly. Nothing to see there. Still thinks he has a chance to catch Barry with that big punching power of his but I think Barry wins.
Ya man, I have changed my tune... Lavar looks slow and lathargic in that video. His standup looks amateur at best, and he has no ground game to speak of. Damn, I was going to make a play on him at +160 but I don't think I can lay $ on him after seeing that. Barry actually is looking good at -200, haha... Thanks for the video V.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
Ya man, I have changed my tune... Lavar looks slow and lathargic in that video. His standup looks amateur at best, and he has no ground game to speak of. Damn, I was going to make a play on him at +160 but I don't think I can lay $ on him after seeing that. Barry actually is looking good at -200, haha... Thanks for the video V.
Bare in mind tht was a while ago and not too long after he'd recovered from getting shot and nearly dying!

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
I bet you're in the minority on this forum who thinks that. I'll take Morecraft at -300 vs Lavar all day long.
LOLLLLLL That is exactly why I win a lot more often than you do... Lavar would put Morecraft away much faster than Barry did.

The point is, the Morecraft line for many people (including myself) looked appealing at the time because we did not think Barry improved his submission defense enough to handle Morecraft. Barry has been submitted by the likes of Tim Hague and Mirko Cro Cop. Gabe, did you think Barry would be able to stuff Morecraft's submissions? And did you think that he would be able to ward off Morecraft's decent submission game if he was taken down? If so, I'm not sure what evidence at the time would lead you to such a conclusion. Barry, as expected, was taken down, and if Morecraft had a little more patience and picked his shots better (maybe going for an arm triangle or securing the back instead of going for an armbar) he could have won that fight. If Barry were to have stuffed all of Morecraft's takedowns and knocked Morecraft out then yes, I would call your Barry lock a great play. But the fact of the matter is, Barry was taken down twice with ease, and was mounted the second time almost immediately.

And, if you're going to call someone childish, then don't end all of the points in your arguments with LOL.
There is nothing childish about using "LOL" - it feels a lot quicker than picking a smiley that shows that I'm laughing... what's wrong with you? You think everything internet-related is for children. (i.e. hashtags, lol, etc.)

Yes, I did think Barry would have good submission defense, because he would keep mentioning how he's been working on that. I was most confident in knowing that once he landed a good shot, Morecraft would be out. I was very confident in that play, which is why it was a lock.

Wanna bet on it made the best points-- I'm not betting on this fight, but if I were to, I'd go Lavar.

I don't think using "LOL" is innately childish, but when you use it to mock another person's very reasonable opinion, that is childish and insulting.

I personally wouldn't trust Barry saying that he's really improved his sub defense. What is he going to say? "My sub defense is still shit". However, I'm not going to laugh at you for thinking that. You just placed a little more trust in Barry's claim to have improved defense.

A Boys Thoughts™ ‏ @ABoysThoughts
#iLookForward To all of these things that make me smile... ❤http://pic.twitter.com/bcy3Jd4V
Retweeted by Top Tweets
View photo

^ And this is why I have such a disdain for hashtags and social media in general. oysters ruin it for the people who have thoughtful things to say.

I don't think using "LOL" is innately childish, but when you use it to mock another person's very reasonable opinion, that is childish and insulting.

I personally wouldn't trust Barry saying that he's really improved his sub defense. What is he going to say? "My sub defense is still shit". However, I'm not going to laugh at you for thinking that. You just placed a little more trust in Barry's claim to have improved defense.

A Boys Thoughts™ ‏ @ABoysThoughts
#iLookForward To all of these things that make me smile... ❤http://pic.twitter.com/bcy3Jd4V
Retweeted by Top Tweets
View photo

^ And this is why I have such a disdain for hashtags and social media in general. oysters ruin it for the people who have thoughtful things to say.
A fighter doesn't keep going out of his way to mention how much his sub defense has been improving unless he means it... and he was saying it before the Morecraft fight, not now...

BTW, why are you following what appears to be a tweet from a teenage homosexual?

Here is a better example of a hashtag:

22h Kenny Florian ‏ @kennyflorian
So @RondaRousey started following me. #NoBigDeal