Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
I never really discuss the fights beforehand for the most part. I say who i like but that's it. Secondly, I believe that if a oddsmaker is going to use one persons opinion as a sample size of public perception then he is wrong(sampling bias). Yes, some of my line predictions are correct and some are way off.

But, I appreciate your advice/concern and I will not discuss fights before the lines are made. And I do not think we should continually use V's thread to discuss mine or the rest of the board's incompetencies

I like Cung Le at -400 (okay, that was my last one)

I bolded the names out of fun/boredom.
I did not mean to direct the name calling to you personally, I realize I came off arrogant and I apologize, outside of 'fool' (and fool for me is a casual way to address someone using slang, which now thinking about it is probably stupid for an net board), my words of 'idiot' and stuff was only directed to anyone on here who truly believes that discussion on here does not affect lines - because it does and those people who believe it doesn't matter are idiots... And I didn't mean to insult you with the 'solid capper' stuff, I meant to say that just because you're a somewhat low profile on here like me (we don't have our own threads / pick threads and whatnot) and we both seem to not be one of the 'bigger' names on here who get recogniztion for always picking correct (while I don't think anyone on here picks correct all the time)

But thank you for agreeing and yes I'm sorry V for blowing up your thread but I think you'd agree with what I'm saying, or at least I hope you do.

And you must be really bored......

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Discussion only affects the line to some extent. And it depends on who is making the argument. I'm sure my arguments may have little weight to how kalikas sets the lines.. while someone more prominent may have a greater influence.

once the line is out the books dont adjust the lines based on discussion, but rather where the money is going. Maybe discussion affects where the public puts there money..but like i said previously, it depends on the speaker

why you call me dummy MASTAA?? lol
sorry player, again I'm only calling you an idiot if you truly believe it doesn't affect the setting or the movement... Please don't take it personal. once again I came off arrogant and should have re-read my post before I put it up. Nevertheless, I'm a firm believer in what I've said and I think it will benefit us all if we do a good job of keeping our mouths shut before a fight...

I do agree with you in the bold for the most part, although ghost kid and someone else in the another thread did present some good insight into how discussion after the line is out can still influence it's movement... But in the end, once the line is out I do think that the majority of movement is based on where the money goes...

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
halarious u think books troll this 1 forum and it somehow affects lines...LOL...this 1 forum means nothing to books bud

god i cant stop laughing
Hilarious you don't think they do, bud.... You don't think they research the fights before they set the line? Therefore you don't think an intelligent person is going to look at a forum full of great mma cappers to get some more insight to factor into their reasoning??? THis place is a fuckingg gold mine of a source.. I can't stop laughing at how you wouldn't think this is a very real possibility... If you don't think it is, then you sir are an idiot. I guess you and I agree to disagree on this.
Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 04-04-12 at 12:40 PM.

dont flatter urself, but TY....i needed a great laugh

several OPs here do GREAT reserach, but moving lines becuase books come here and read what a few OPs on a online forum think??!!?!!

god im STILL laughing so hard my tummy hurts
Last edited by 5mike5; 04-04-12 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post

dont flatter urself, but TY....i needed a great laugh

several OPs here do GREAT reserach, but moving lines becuase books come here and read what a few OPs on a online forum think??!!?!!

god im STILL laughing so hard my tummy hurts
can u do us a favor and laugh urself to death 5mike555dimes !! thanks ur so god damn annoying I wanna shove my wood down ur throat

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Hedging with JDS by TKO/KO is certainly the option I'd recommend...you can even get JDS Inside at -138 currently.

In terms of judging line movement, I dont think JDS line will get better than -150. Perhaps the way the fighters are being promoted in weeks leading up to the fight may sway betting public, such as the countdown show...for instance they might make a big deal of Overeem bringing in Daniel Ghita to train with.
thx V and B. im gonna hang on to end of the primetime or countdwon and weighin and hope for a -150ish, the inside the D is a good option