Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

meh. i won money in the thiago fight even though i went big on thiago. Kampmanns jits is great. always bet kampmann sub.

kampmann sub in the thiago fight was like +600. i hopped all over that shit. knew it was way too high

might only touch ellenberger KO/Kampmann sub in this fight.

im waiting for kampmanns chin to die, then hes gonna start losing a lot of fights, dude gets blasted a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
O V i watched Mccorkle get TKOed by that fat guy. One of the worst displays of standup I have ever seen.
haha yeah pretty funny...McCorkle's twitter comments and some of the heat he got off people is entertaining stuff as well. He put after the fight "Turns out I have shitty cardio at whatever weight I fight at!"...or something along those lines. Dude has got a smoking hot GF as well!
Just seen this as well:

"I was going to respond earlier than this, but I first wanted to get the chance to watch my fight from last night in order to verify that I looked as bad as I thought I did. So I just got the chance to watch it, and I didn't look nearly as bad as I thought. I looked worse. Way, way, worse. I don't know what the hell that shit was supposed to be, nor do I have any explanation, excuses, theories or anything else. I can promise all you guys, my fans and haters alike, that the next time you see me embarrass myself in an MMA cage, will be the last time. I embarrassed myself in the Struve fight so badly that I thought I could never top it. Last night was worse times ten. I have absolutely no explanation for my cardio problems. I don't know if it's a physical problem, psychological problem, a diet or a training problem. I do know that I have struggled with cardiovascular endurance my entire athletic career. Even during high school basketball. I can't figure it out. I was coming off back to back training camps when I fought Stefan Struve that had lasted a literal 23 weeks. That's almost 6 months straight 6 days a week of intense cardiovascular training. And I gassed in 90 seconds. All of that said, I will admit 100% like an idiot, despite Tom Erikson's constant pleading to me to never take any fight for granted, I underestimated Brian Heden. I watched 2 of his fights, looked at who he'd fought and beat/lost to and thought 'If I couldn't beat this guy while I was drunk, I need to quit fighting.' And I couldn't beat him sober. I came in about 20 lbs heavier than I should have. I resorted to throwing hay makers 2 minutes in, because I was worried about how it would look if I didn't finish him in the first round. I was completely spent halfway through the first. I'm not going to be like everyone else and make excuses. I have none. All due respect to Brian because he showed up in decent shape, and showed a lot of balls hanging in there when the going got rough in the first round, but he's not on my level, skill wise, athletically, or any other area of MMA except cardio. It doesn't matter how nice or fast your car is, if there's no gas in the tank. The next time I gas in a fight and lose because of it, I will retire. End of story. I will not continue to embarrass myself, my family, my coaches, my training partners, or the promotion that is paying me to fight ever again."
Last edited by Vaughany; 04-02-12 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
These are the moments Rogan comes off as douchey
I listen to Rogan quite often. Pretty big fan or him and Eddie Bravo. I don't see how it was that douchey. Hardly any of the listeners understand the skit that he did Laranja. You probably couldn't even hear what he was saying through the phone if you were listening to the podcast. Was just a bad idea from Eddie. It is Rogan's podcast, if he doesn't want to sit there and do a terrible skit on air then I see no reason why he wouldn't just say stop. If you hadn't seen the skit and were listening on radio, you would have little clue what was going on and would probably change the station.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
I listen to Rogan quite often. Pretty big fan or him and Eddie Bravo. I don't see how it was that douchey. Hardly any of the listeners understand the skit that he did Laranja. You probably couldn't even hear what he was saying through the phone if you were listening to the podcast. Was just a bad idea from Eddie. It is Rogan's podcast, if he doesn't want to sit there and do a terrible skit on air then I see no reason why he wouldn't just say stop. If you hadn't seen the skit and were listening on radio, you would have little clue what was going on and would probably change the station.
There is a better way of approaching it in my opinion. He came across as the annoying whining girl he so often ridicules on his podcast and his standup act. What's wrong with going along with the skit? It has the potential be a humorous ongoing gag. They cant spend 5 minutes talking to this entertaining guy, and then explain to the audience what they just listened to. A few minutes of airtime for Renato will not ruin the podcast altogether.

So a guy can just call into the show and be in character and want to do a skit that no one would understand and would find confusing and Joe is just supposed to go with it? So basically anyone could call during the show and they should be heard?

If anything Laranja and Eddie are out of line for trying to get heard.

Eddie didn't seem like he was offended. How else is Joe supposed to tell the guy to stop? Its Joe's podcast...lol. He just told him it wasn't the place for it because 90% of his listeners would have no clue what is going on. And Joe didn't look ready to go back and forth with him on some skit.

I don't think you understand the context of the call, or the skit, or watched that podcast. If you have your own show, and a guy who isn't even scheduled tries to do his own thing that no one would get then yes he should tell him no it isn't the time.

Eddie was just high as balls and thought it would be funny. He didn't realize that no one would get it and no one was ready for that call.