Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
do you think jim miller has a decent shot at finishing nate? just wondering why you went with not nate itd rather than fight not itd?
I think there is more chance Miller finishes Nate than other way round. I truly believe Miller can sub anybody including Nate Diaz, and I wouldnt rule out a late stoppage in this fight from cuts or something. As Miller is the one likely to be on top if it does go to the ground I expect him to be landing more elbows and gnp which could lead to a late stoppage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Adding:

Parlay (treble): 6.294 units on Ben Saunders (-300),& Not JDS/Overeem to Go the Distance (-900) to win

Tailed that

Edit: I have a small play on Diaz. I understand that wrestlers with BJJ are his weakness. (Stevenson and Guida) but I think he will eventually learn. will arb out though

Pending plays for future events:

6.297 units on Gustafsson/Thiago Silva to Go the Distance at +280 to win 17.632 units; (this probably end up being a hedge to Gustafsson by TKO/KO)

16.506 units on Stann at -250 to win 6.602 units;

1.147 units on Stann by TKO/KO at +110 to win 1.262 units;

6.716 units on Carmont at -149.25 to win 4.5 units;

Parlay (double): 6.313 units on Stann/Sakara to Not Go the Distance (-170), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-750) to win 5.05 units;

15.633 units on Schaub at -250 to win 6.253 units;

Parlay: 6.373 units on Miocic (-440), Simpson/Markes Starts Round 2 (-765), Ellenberger/Sanchez Starts Round 2 (-410), Not Bader Inside the Distance (-905), Schaub (-260), Rory MacDonald (-380), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-600) to win 18.554 units;

Parlay: 6.371 units Simpson/Markes Starts Round 2 (-593), Not Bader Inside the Distance (-905), Rory MacDonald (-380), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-900) to win 5.814 units;

1.578 units on Udinese Advances (-182), AC Milan 1st Halft PK (-167), Miocic (-440), Not Bader Inside the Distance (-905), Rory MacDonald (-380), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-600) to win 6.275 units;

5.625 units on Ellenberger (-250), Jones (-400), & Anderson Silva (-225) to win 8.594 units;

5.625 units on Sonnen (-225), & Jones (-400) to win 4.531 units;

2.273 units on Ben Henderson (+110), & Jones (-400) to win 3.694 units;

1.523 units on Jones/Evans to End by TKO/KO at -120 to win 1.269 units;

Parlay: 3.191 units on Ellenberger (-375), Edgar/Henderson to Go the Distance (-280), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-600) to win 3.208 units;

Parlay: 6.371 units on Herman/Struve to Not Go the Distance (-420), Ellenberger/Sanchez Starts Round 2 (-445), Pat Barry (-205), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-600) to win 10.402 units;

6.306 units on Mighty Mouse/McCall Starts Round 3 (-360), Benavidez/Urushitani Starts Round 2 (-377),Rousey/Tate to Not Go the Distance (-380), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-750) to win 8.289 units.

Parlay: 6.315 units on Te-Huna Inside Distance (-175), Rousey/Tate to Not Go the Distance (-380), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-750) to win 7.891 units;

Parlay (double): 6.315 units on Rousey Inside the Distance (-165), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-750) to win 5.18 units;

3.157 units on Noons/Thomson to Go the Distance (-185), Jones Inside the Distance (-172), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-750) to win 5.56 units;

Parlay: 1.577 units on Semerzier/Pineda Under 2.5 Rounds (-110), Te-Huna (-325), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-750) to win 2.884 units;

Parlay (double): 15.795 units on Maiquel Falcao (-345), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-750) to win 7.295 units;

Parlay (double): 15.977 units on Maiquel Falcao (-345), & Jones/Evans to Not Go the Distance (-295) to win 11.617 units;

1 unit on Cerrone at -250 to win 0.4 units;

1 unit on Boetsch at +240 to win 2.4 units;

Parlay (treble): 6.294 units on Ben Saunders (-300), Not Nate Diaz Inside Distance (-635), & Not JDS/Overeem to Go the Distance (-900) to win 4.499 units;

Parlay (double): 6.294 units on Myles Jury (-185), & Not Nate Diaz Inside Distance (-635) to win 4.929 units.

B.C.'s Rory MacDonald returns as Ultimate Blogger to share his thoughts ahead of his UFC 145 fight against Che Mills on April 21 in Atlanta.
Any fighter will tell you the same -- look past an opponent at your peril. No good can come from looking past your next opponent at something bigger and better on the horizon.
Still, it can't hurt to have a bit of ambition, either. The key is to find a balance between ambition and common sense.
I know exactly how dangerous my next opponent Che Mills may prove to be on April 21st, but, at the same time, I'm also planning on beating him within the scheduled distance and then beating Carlos Conditbefore the end of the year. I'm not looking past Che -- I'm just confident, that's all.
I carried the same approach into my last fight, an August win againstMike Pyle. I enjoyed the Pyle fight, because it was extremely quick and I did what I expected to do. I went into that fight knowing I would stop Pyle within the scheduled distance, and really couldn't see it going any other way.
I'm not bragging, but I would take that same confidence into fights against pretty much all of the welterweight division right now. That is how much faith I have in my ability as a fighter. Pyle is a seasoned veteran, and a dangerous guy in his own right, but I knew he wasn't in my league. So long as I show up and perform to the very best of my ability, these guys won't be able to match me.
I want the guys at the top of the 170-pound division to sit up and take note, and realize I'm coming up the rankings pretty fast. Even though I'm still young and have time on my side, I feel my skills and my achievements, even at this stage, need to be respected.
I truly believe that once I defeat Mills on April 21st, I will then start to mix it with the top three or four guys in the world. That's what I hope will happen. It's time to prove I'm a force to be reckoned with.
I sat at home and watched Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz fight for the interim welterweight title in February, and it made me even more determined to quickly make my move. I didn't think either of them performed to the best of their ability that night, especially when we remember how good both have been in previous fights.
If they fought me the way they fought each other, it would not be a good night for either of them, I'm certain of that. Yes, I know they can improve and I know they have both fought much better in the past, but, as far as I'm concerned, you've got to try and show your best each and every time you step into that Octagon. I rate Nick and Carlos highly, but I don't think they really brought it that night. It didn't feel like I was watching a championship fight.
Despite this, I do feel Carlos deserves a lot of credit for this great run of fights he has had. Not many people gave Carlos a chance of one day reaching top championship level -- he's always been something of a dark horse -- but he's shown that, with a little bit of heart and determination, and plenty of skill, you can achieve your goal and win fights people don't think you will win.
Most people were picking Diaz to beat him the night they fought, but Carlos showed he had a Plan B while Diaz was still stuck on Plan A. Although it wasn't the greatest fight to watch, he should be praised for that, at least.
Given our history, I can't see anything beyond a Condit rematch at this point in time. I want that fight more than a title fight right now. Maybe one day it could even be for the full welterweight title, but, as of today, I'm just focusing on beating Mills on April 21st and then getting to Condit as soon as possible. I need that rematch to prove to myself and everybody else that what happened the first time around was a mistake and that I am the better fighter. It has to happen.
Of course, there's every chance my teammate and UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre may get to Condit first. I haven't spoken to Georges much about his recovery, as he's been in California a lot of the time, but I hear he's doing very well. I'm pretty sure he'll be back in Montreal soon, though, and that should give me a better insight into how he's doing and how long it will be before he's back. Obviously, I wish him all the best with his recovery. Georges is one of the best fighters on the planet, and a friend.
It will be really interesting to see what kind of fighter emerges from this. Georges could return from surgery better than ever, or it could take something out of him. Who knows? I would definitely back Georges to beat Carlos Condit if he's anything like 100 per cent fit, but you just don't know how realistic that will be following his injuries. You never know with an ACL injury.
Also, he's spent a lot of time away now and, during that time, the competition have been training harder and growing stronger. While the division is kind of put on hold during his absence, it's up to us guys -- the ones who genuinely believe we can become champion -- to go out there and make statements. I plan to do exactly that on April 21st...
What do you think about my fight at UFC 145? Let me know