Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

I think the poirer/jung line is close to where it should be. The korean zombie is garbage. Hominick thought he could walk right through him and was clipped. I'm usually one to defend the fighters who have been accused of just getting lucky, but in this case I really do think that it was hominicks poor defense and complete lack of mental concentration and over looking jung completely (similar to guillard/lauzon) while jutting into the punch that resulted in what happened. I dono if anyone's watched a lot of zombie footage, but he has horrendous stand up, with just pure awful technique. I highly doubt he will have any kind of advantage on the ground. This is juice I'm willing to pay for in favour of poirer. On a side note I like faber at plus money all day.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
Anybody who thinks Cruz vs Faber II was close is outta their minds. I had money on Cruz and was confident throughout, and when re-watching the fight last week, I think I had Cruz winning every single round. At least 4.
lol not sure if trolling. i had 500 on cruz and sweated the whole decision. knockdowns count for a lot bud.

Anybody who thinks Cruz vs Faber II was close is outta their minds. I had money on Cruz and was confident throughout, and when re-watching the fight last week, I think I had Cruz winning every single round. At least 4.
I completely agree here. Did the judges give 4 rds to cruz??

The three judges scored the fight 50-45, 49-46 and 48-47 for Cruz
I'm not sure if the judges even counted those knockdowns...they hardly looked like knockdowns to me. More like catching cruz off balance cause that's how he fights...off balance. None of those "knockdowns" looked like a "holy shit he got rocked" moment.

Seemed to me that cruz controlled the pace of the entire fight

I watched that fight in a bar in Vegas, and my bartender and everyone next to me were all convinced that Cruz won it before the decision was announced. I felt he just had to get through the 5th round to take the decision, and he ended up winning that round, too.

You can't give a round to Faber because of a knockdown. He gets his ass kicked the rest of the round. He had no answer to the shit Dominic was dishing out. He was a bit lost in that fight.

V, welcome back from your trip, my main man. Hope you had a great time. Did you check out Isla de Mujeres?

I watched that fight in a bar in Vegas, and my bartender and everyone next to me were all convinced that Cruz won it before the decision was announced. I felt he just had to get through the 5th round to take the decision, and he ended up winning that round, too.

You can't give a round to Faber because of a knockdown. He gets his ass kicked the rest of the round. He had no answer to the shit Dominic was dishing out. He was a bit lost in that fight.

V, welcome back from your trip, my main man. Hope you had a great time. Did you check out Isla de Mujeres?
Cheers brotha Gabe I did check it out, went on a booze cruise thing over to there, was a cool place. Some of the American and Canadian girls were amazing out in Cancun, standard was a different level to over here! Met loads of people from Minnesota, North Carolina, DC and Toronto. Only problem was that there was a bout 10 guys to every girl out there!

I thought Cruz won the fight. But it was a good fight. Faber caught him a couple times. Faber looked awesome vs. Bowles and he might just be settling into 135lbs.

The opener of -265 on Dimes was insane and is down to -175. I think -175 is a fair line. Faber is good, and these guys know eachother too much. It should be a close fight whoever wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
American and canadian girls are diff standard than uk girls??

Grass is always greener.....
Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

You been to the UK? The grass isn't so green there, IMO.
ha certainly isnt. Maybe only the hot girls are allowed in Cancun...think I only saw 2 or 3 fatties! Me and my buddies spent a few hours during one drinking session during the day being filmed with the girls from "Geordie Shore" for their latest series (our version of Jersey SHore). You only have to watch that to see an indication of what the talent is like over here