Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
the more i look at rousey/tate the more i`m considering taking a shot with tate...rousey is a badass(i have her in a par)...i believe that...but she has a total of 4 fights...all wins in under 1 minute...and all by armbar....tate`s never been subbed....she has oodles of experience and has gone long in fights.....and given her experience,we know she`s a plugger....she hung tough with coenen until she found her spot....

i think rousey`s stronger...more physical....but haven`t seen any real stand-up skill....you have to wonder what happens inside her head if that armbar doesn`t happen early.....will she be mentally tough enough to hang for a full 5 vs a girl who probably has better stand-up and is more well rounded and battle hardened?.....

+260?.......damned shame theres a dearth of props for this fight....

i`m thinking i just can`t pass up taking a shot with the experienced girl at these odds......gonna keep my eyes open for some props to surface(hoping for some sort of " rousey early" hedge to go with the par).....

i think tate might get tossed around early.....but if she gets out of the first round or two,her experience in hard fights should come into play...+260 seems very generous ...i think it`s worth a shot vs what might be a one-trick pony...vs a girl who really hasn`t had much pushback thus far in her mma career...
Usually I'd agree. But I think the physical side is one of the key things here. I believe the main reason Cyborg has been so dominant is due to the physical advantages she has over all the other females....the Carano fight was best example of this. Without trying to sound sexist or whatever, but a lot of the female fighters just aren't very strong. Although Rousey certainly isn't as manly as Cyborg, she is clearly quite bulky and developed crazy level of balance and physical strength for a female athlete through her years of judo and training with men. I think there is a reason guys like Nick Diaz are happy to have little training sessions with Ronda, they can see that she is a breed apart. I cant imagine many going to Miesha Tate and asking her for advice! Tate by no means is a weak female fighter, but I dont think she has core strength and balance in comparison to Ronda.

Also, Tate has had a bit of a disjointed camp after moving away from Alpha Male. Whether the rumours of Faber throwing her out because she backed Cruz are true or not...all very High Schoolish.... fact is she had to travel around with Caraway to different gyms to get training in. This included a spell most recently at AO8 fitness which as far as Im aware is predominantly stand-up orientated with Melchor Menor as the striking coach. She even admitted in an interview that it wasnt the best of places to train grappling. I wouldnt be suprised if she gets finished then comes out saying tht her camp wasnt great blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Usually I'd agree. But I think the physical side is one of the key things here. I believe the main reason Cyborg has been so dominant is due to the physical advantages she has over all the other females....the Carano fight was best example of this. Without trying to sound sexist or whatever, but a lot of the female fighters just aren't very strong. Although Rousey certainly isn't as manly as Cyborg, she is clearly quite bulky and developed crazy level of balance and physical strength for a female athlete through her years of judo and training with men. I think there is a reason guys like Nick Diaz are happy to have little training sessions with Ronda, they can see that she is a breed apart. I cant imagine many going to Miesha Tate and asking her for advice! Tate by no means is a weak female fighter, but I dont think she has core strength and balance in comparison to Ronda.

Also, Tate has had a bit of a disjointed camp after moving away from Alpha Male. Whether the rumours of Faber throwing her out because she backed Cruz are true or not...all very High Schoolish.... fact is she had to travel around with Caraway to different gyms to get training in. This included a spell most recently at AO8 fitness which as far as Im aware is predominantly stand-up orientated with Melchor Menor as the striking coach. She even admitted in an interview that it wasnt the best of places to train grappling. I wouldnt be suprised if she gets finished then comes out saying tht her camp wasnt great blah blah blah!
good points...and that was my initial thinking on the fight(the core strength and confidence).....i really wish rousey had a tough fight or two leading up to this one...that would be enough to nudge me to let my rousey par ride(had her with dunham and sonnen at even money)......

i had a par with tehuna/rosa and miller/siler not going the distance along with kampmann last night....really liked both plays and i`m lucky i didn`t get shutout.....

so i`m gonna let the value of the rousey par ride on tate at +260....getting greedy(lol).....so,if my first impression was right,i`ll basically break even...if tate can hang and outlast rousey,i`ll feel pretty good about taking that second look....if rousey subs tate in the first with tate and the rest of the world knowing that`s what rousey`s modus operandi is,then rousey`s obviously the shit......and i`m immediately a big fan.....

not particularly a big fan of tate(with that perpetual smirk she wears on her mug)....i like rousey`s style....i think it would be a real shot in the arm for female mma if she can pull it off......

g.l.,bro...should be fun...

Got a play on Thomson at -153 but may arb out. All depends on props being released. Would prefer to play Thomson by decision. Also Semtex by TKO/KO, Rousey by sub
cool I have Semtex in my parlays as well..was leaning Thompson, Noons has looked shitty the past few fights..

I had the same live bet as you last night, Johnson by decision+125..Bookmaker just reversed it and graded it as a loss..Maddening how this fight wasn't finished last night due to such a brainfart! McCall had the momentum and would've taken that fight, if it had gone to the 4th round as it should've.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
good points...and that was my initial thinking on the fight(the core strength and confidence).....i really wish rousey had a tough fight or two leading up to this one...that would be enough to nudge me to let my rousey par ride(had her with dunham and sonnen at even money)......

i had a par with tehuna/rosa and miller/siler not going the distance along with kampmann last night....really liked both plays and i`m lucky i didn`t get shutout.....

so i`m gonna let the value of the rousey par ride on tate at +260....getting greedy(lol).....so,if my first impression was right,i`ll basically break even...if tate can hang and outlast rousey,i`ll feel pretty good about taking that second look....if rousey subs tate in the first with tate and the rest of the world knowing that`s what rousey`s modus operandi is,then rousey`s obviously the shit......and i`m immediately a big fan.....

not particularly a big fan of tate(with that perpetual smirk she wears on her mug)....i like rousey`s style....i think it would be a real shot in the arm for female mma if she can pull it off......

g.l.,bro...should be fun...
yeah Cole Miller fight not going distance scewed me...one fight I was most confident in not going distance after the beef at weigh-in and Miller's constant bashing of fighters tht go distance!

ha yeah she just have a smirk like her sh*t dont stink! I wonder if BM do livebetting for strikeforce events like these? Although Im in a minus figure now anyway on BM due them cancelling the MIghty Mouse decision win!

If Tate had of ran through Coenen than I'd probably not be as confident in Rousey as I am. Granted she ended up subbing Coenen, but tht was after she'd been in trouble at least twice during tht fight. Coenen had her back from most of second round, cant see Rousey being so non-clinical.

Ronda is settin herself up for a big fall and will be eating a lot of crow as we say if she fails tho after the amount of hyping she's done! Here's to hoping she thrives on the pressure!
Last edited by Vaughany; 03-03-12 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
There's a bizzare superstitution that I was keeping track of for the past few years, it's a bizzare reason why Kampman defeated Alves.

12 wins and 3 losses betting if you were to keep betting on this theory for the past 5 years.

I would sound insane and a troll if I made a topic about it, I'm not sure if I should explain it.

It's probably just a coincidence.
Attached Images  

yeah Cole Miller fight not going distance scewed me...one fight I was most confident in not going distance after the beef at weigh-in and Miller's constant bashing of fighters tht go distance!

ha yeah she just have a smirk like her sh*t dont stink! I wonder if BM do livebetting for strikeforce events like these? Although Im in a minus figure now anyway on BM due them cancelling the MIghty Mouse decision win!

If Tate had of ran through Coenen than I'd probably not be as confident in Rousey as I am. Granted she ended up subbing Coenen, but tht was after she'd been in trouble at least twice during tht fight. Coenen had her back from most of second round, cant see Rousey being so non-clinical.

Ronda is settin herself up for a big fall and will be eating a lot of crow as we say if she fails tho after the amount of hyping she's done! Here's to hoping she thrives on the pressure!
Small consolation, but at least they "loaned" you the money for your Benavidez arb.
Edit. Yes, Should be at least the main card fights on live.

Well, looks like they've now changed again to voiding the McCall by decision and Mighty Mouse by decision bets, rather than grading them as a loss! So have now gone from thinking I'd cashed the MM by dec at +125 and ending up with 2.2 units profit for night, to having tht graded as a loss and thinking I'd be down by 22 units to now it being voided along with McCall by dec so now down by 8.821 units!
Last edited by Vaughany; 03-03-12 at 11:25 AM.