Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
any fight vids for oli thompson? can't find any.

also can't find any on te huna besides his last 2 fights.
YOutube is your friend Gabriel!

Choking out Potter who is a boxer with next to zero boxing game... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixmBxxQwows

Ben Smith (mediocre fighter)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHk4t6osHSM

Vs Pollard... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vkD0UQXbG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpH2yJza9Uk

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Although this is pointless now, just watched the Thiago Alves/Hughes fight again and realized that he still got KO of the Night tht night even though he missed weight. And tht was the same night tht Wiman KO'd Tavares
Still good to know. I was gonna fade Rampage KOTN @ -1000 after the missed weight fiasco but didn't feel confident that Dana would deny him the award if he pulled off the lone KO; he's not Frank Mir after all...

P.S. You gotta update your notification feature to people who reply to your posts on Sherdog. You never seem to respond to posts unless you're ducking people

It's a damn good feature and I wish there was some way to do it on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by fosho14 View Post
First of all the last time I checked 10% is not very close to 1/4 so I don't know if that was just a bad joke or what but I'd really like to move past this. Who knows if I'll be here in 8 months, I stopped by to try things out hoping that there would be slightly less retarded ppl here than the millions of knobs on sherdog and I definitely still believe that's the case despite this little debacle (a lot of people on sbr are kind enough to post some very quality content). Lets be honest, the unexpected, unlikely, and improbable happened at 144 and your absolutely correct in that I handled that like a bitch barking out in anger at the whole forum. Although I must confess what I said was for the most part true, as I read every single post regarding the event and the analysis on this site collectively as a whole was simply atrocious and if someone was to hypothetically follow the general beliefs of what ppl on here agreed on they would in fact be deep in the hole... we can agree to disagree about that if you like. I just felt a bit frustrated by how bad the vast majority of it on here was not saying that everyone was bad. I understand I should keep that to myself next time. Look, I'm sorry I made a comment about your choice of sitting on a keyboard by yourself during a ppv and reporting your live status updates on here instead of getting together with buddies to share the experience. I shouldn't have done that as that clearly hit a nerve. If that's what one enjoys doing than by all means to each his own. Who am I to judge? I didn't take too kindly of your inital attack because imo it could not be further from the truth as I really do my best to post intelligent insight/forecasting. It's annoying to hear you say what you say when it holds zero merit as I'm the exact opposite of whatever you were trying to describe. I'm confused bud, you say you you don't care to know shit about me, yet you feel you hold the right to harsh judge me despite not knowing shit. It's very flawed thinking my friend. Martial arts is my favorite sport. I've trained it, been watching it for a looong time, thoroughly enjoy it, and consider myself extremely knowledgable much like many others who post their thoughts here. Instead of wasting precious time on this meaningless bullshit lets focus our energy on upcoming events, and growing our profits how does that sound? Sorry about all the hate, it's clearly better that we discuss mma analysis here rather than insult each other, as it's a huge time waster and it could very well never end!

correct?
I agree and I apologize too - I don't think too often before I type stuff on here and my tone can come off very condesending and arrogant. I'm sure a lot of people find me to be an arrogant prick on here, and I'm doing my best not to come off as such. I'm actually a pretty friendly, nice and caring dude.

Its sounds like we both misunderstood eachother and instead of making another arrogant response to your response I should have not engaged in another piss match. The few times I do make an arrogant or attacking response I often find myself regretting it and wonder why I stooped to that level or arrogance (yet there are a couple shit talkers on here who just crack me up and are much better than I at attacking people...you know who you are lol).

Man of you to 'squash the beef' on here.... But really I apprecfiate it and agree with everything you said. We both agree to disagree and both agree on some things and both realize we came off as jerks to people. Let's put the bs aside and help eachother - as we both agree - that is what this site is for - bounce ideas and inisght off of each other.

I do my best not to get into arguments and shit talking on here but often times find myself getting sucked into them for some stupid reason...probably booze has some effect lol. Cheers and GL this weekend, I hope we all have a much, much better one than last
Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 02-29-12 at 08:27 PM.

I'm lost... What play are you talking about? All I recall saying was that Okami wasn't the safest play on the card due to his not-so-great chin and Tim's power.

At the same time, I felt the over 2.5 was pretty safe... Pretty stupid of me.
Dude you're telling me. I did the math on my picks and had I not touched that over I would have won about 330 that night, instead I lost about a hundred. That over killed me (and I am not playing overs again unless low lines and will never double or triple that play - I've learned my lesson on those for the last time).

I just thought you had posted something about putting units on boetsch last minute. I know someone else did it and I thought it was you I guess.

My book is offering Gustaffson for -245, Vitor for -265, Brian Stann for -360

I think at least Vitor and Gustaff are worth maxing out. What say you?
stann is vastly overvalued in that price imo... sakara has legit hands, but a glassy chin. Outside of chin and a size advantage, I don't see brian being especially better anywhere else.

You agree V or do you think stann is legit at that price?

He dominates who you call a mediocre fighter, and you're betting against him on a big favorite (who, although talented, himself isn't the greatest)?
I dont get your point? Firstly, -150 suggest he has 60% chance of winning...does this equate to a "big favourite" to you? What if he's -200, is that a Mega favourite? -250 = Uber favourite? -300 = Superduper favourite?!

Thompson has fought two guys that are anywhere near UFC level in Boughton and Vedepo (a middle-weight) and lost to both. He's also plagued with injuries from his strongman days. Tore his bicep on his right arm before 138 which was the one arm he hadnt injured in past! At least Jordan has faced and beaten a half decent guy in Lavar Johnson where he showed clear improvements in his game as well as physique since training in Albuquerque. Only a smallish play as there is always the obvious risk with HW's of them getting caught

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
Still good to know. I was gonna fade Rampage KOTN @ -1000 after the missed weight fiasco but didn't feel confident that Dana would deny him the award if he pulled off the lone KO; he's not Frank Mir after all...

P.S. You gotta update your notification feature to people who reply to your posts on Sherdog. You never seem to respond to posts unless you're ducking people

It's a damn good feature and I wish there was some way to do it on this site.
ha yeah half the time Im trolling on there tho so forget I've even posted!

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
stann is vastly overvalued in that price imo... sakara has legit hands, but a glassy chin. Outside of chin and a size advantage, I don't see brian being especially better anywhere else.

You agree V or do you think stann is legit at that price?
Have to agree, not at tht price. I took him at -250 opener on unibet knowing he'd probably end up -350 or something elsewhere but at current odds I'd rather wait and take him by TKO/KO or KO of the Night. Obvious advantages in this one for Stann are his power, cardio, his mental and physical strengths, and ability to implement a gameplan that combined rightly make him a favourite. Sakara as we know hasn't fought in a while and has had trouble during fight weeks with losing the weight and illnesses. I do think Sakara is probably better technically in stand-up and grappling, but counting on Sakara to use his underrated ground game is like counting on Kongo to not stand with Mark Hunt!