Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
Vaughany,
You need to post a number with ur post to show people where ur picks are. It takes 15 minutes to see what u like sifting from post to post. Just my opinion. Or maybe we should post all our picks in one thread.. Picks only.
15 minutes? Are you half retarded? Look back over the last couple pages. It isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
Vaughany,
You need to post a number with ur post to show people where ur picks are. It takes 15 minutes to see what u like sifting from post to post. Just my opinion. Or maybe we should post all our picks in one thread.. Picks only.
Goddammit V, if you're going to give everyone your ricebowl, can't you at least spoonfeed them too?

Oh, and make the little airplane noises too.

i think pettis has advantage standing. melvin was looking past j lau. did u see his entrance that fight? it was ridiculous. i think pettis has advantage everywhere except lauzon has alot of submisissions so i give him slight edge there. but i dont think he will get a sub because pettis will not get into a bad spot. he has been improving his wrestling and joe aint that great a wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
kalikas is telling people not to play rampage...that it should either be a no play or a play on Bader. "bader's fight to lose" ...he can steal a decision

Is it serious or does he just want more action on Bader on BETdsi??
He's probably just concerned about the whole Rampage motivation thing and not caring about winning but "putting on a show". As I see it, there are basically two lines of thought on this fight...

1) i) He isn't motivated after losing the Jones fight and hasn't trained hard. ii) Furthermore, by Rampage saying "he just wants to put on a show" the assumption I guess is that he wont have any game-plan and will be reckless which will allow Bader it capitalize on this with his own carefully implemented strategy (mostly involving takedowns), or will somehow catch Rampage and finish him;

or

2) i) He is actually motivated because he's coming off a loss and is fighting in the place (Japan) that made him what he is today (regardless of who he is fighting). ii) By saying "he just wants to put on a show" this suggests he wants to be aggressive and look for the finish which in turn means he won't be worried about the defensive side of things such as stopping the take-down, opponent's elusive striking, and/or range issue (Machida, Bones, Rashad fights) which he perhaps has been overly concerned about in other fights to the detriment of what he is good at...throwing caution to the wind and knocking dudes out. Moreover, with the questions about Bader's cardio and ability to deal with getting hit (composure), an aggressive attitude is the best option against somebody like Bader IMO. Rampage should be implementing an aggressive strategy as Bader is less dangerous when on his heels...harder to get the take-down, and his counter striking is mediocre.

Perhaps Kalikas is siding with the first line of thought. I personally lean more towards the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
Is bader a world beater? out of shape Rampage has beaten better fighters in Pro Wrestling Pride than Bader has faced.
I'd say no, he may well be in the A-Train realm of tearing threw the lower-mid level guys but never breaking past the mid to higher level dudes