Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
Look at this dumbass throwing money away. Damn, you got him good Gabe.
You're looking at it wrong. There are people who arb all day for a living. No one says you can't make a profit in arbitrage. I contend that if Vaughany wasn't arbing and he kept his position on the soft side only, he'd be up many times that amount.

I used to be an arber too. I think everyone who has the time and inclination to lineshop does it for at least a while. My profits increased dramatically when I stopped doing it (although my variance went through the roof.)

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
Look at this dumbass throwing money away. Damn, you got him good Gabe.
I got him good? I wasn't trying to "get him," you fool. I was curious if he was so confident in anyone on this particular card where he didn't feel the need to arb out. Was that a bad question to ask?

BTW- if he didn't arb, his total profits would be a lot more than that (unless most of his picks are losers)... so your post is completely dumb and redundant. In other words, you said "He profited +689.919 units when he could have profited +1,486.842 units. Look at him throwing away money. Damn, you got him good Gabe."

Um, I guess I did? Wasn't my intention, though. But thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
I agree nunya but v does this as he anticipates how the market will move

Let's say you bought appl at 300 do you sell now or hold
That is how I view arbing
That argument would hold more merit if arbs constantly had 60% edges and near unlimited scalability.

Sportsbetting has small limits, small edges, and juice to be paid on both sides. In addition you have to manage numerous bankrolls and keep from being noticed.

The more reasonable argument is, you bought Apple at 300, thinking it had great value at the time. The next day its at 303 do you sell? If its at 500 a few years later, did you make a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
That argument would hold more merit if arbs constantly had 60% edges and near unlimited scalability. Sportsbetting has small limits, small edges, and juice to be paid on both sides. In addition you have to manage numerous bankrolls and keep from being noticed. The more reasonable argument is, you bought Apple at 300, thinking it had great value at the time. The next day its at 303 do you sell? If its at 500 a few years later, did you make a mistake?

how i've transitioned from disliking you to loving you.

oh my. (george takei voice)