Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
Rory -350

and Schaub opened -350 which is redic.

been bet down to -180
Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
schaub -185 is a straight up gift. too bad 5dimes limits me (and presumably everyone else) to 1 unit bets on openers.
Shiit was at a football match (soccer!) all evening. So people actually bet Rothwell all the way down to Schaub at -185!??

Quote Originally Posted by Digo View Post
You guys are overestimating our women...Of course, you can find these big ass' girls with perfect body and tanned skin, but most are quite "normal", only one in ten is like the ones you see on redtube and carnival. By the way, with Vaugh's profit in the last UFC. he can have his best night ever with two of these "one in ten" girls in Rio.
I don't know about that, my friend. Some of your Brasilian women have a very nice ethnic blend - european, south american, and african. Very unique mix to me. While this blend can be found elsewhere in the world, it seems abundant in Brasil.

I've traveled the world quite a bit and I gotta say the most beautiful women I've seen have come from South America, especially Argentinia and Brasil. This is just my opinion and taste, obviously (although I haven't tasted a true Brasilian women before lol)....

Yet you live there so I hope what you said isn't true about the '1 in 10'....!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
norway and brazil ftw, Oslo and rio respectively!
ha forgot to mention to you that I came across a group of Norwegian girls when I was in Sharm El Sheikh end of last year! A couple of very wild girls amongst them (although I think the craziest was Finnish, and she also sounded like a man!)

Adding:

Parlay: 6.373 units on Miocic (-440), Simpson/Markes Starts Round 2 (-765), Ellenberger/Sanchez Starts Round 2 (-410), Not Bader Inside the Distance (-905), Schaub (-260), Rory MacDonald (-380), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-600) to win 18.554 units;

Parlay: 6.373 units on Not De Fries by TKO/KO (-3600), Simpson/Markes Starts Round 2 (-765), Ellenberger/Sanchez Starts Round 2 (-410), Edgar by Decision (+144), Schaub (-260), Rory MacDonald (-380), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-600) to win 39.495 units;

Parlay: 6.371 units on Herman/Struve to Not go the Distance (-420), Ellenberger/Sanchez Starts Round 2 (-445), Pat Barry (-205), & JDS/Overeem to Not Go the Distance (-600) to win 10.402 units;

6.371 units on Dillashaw by Decision at +156 to win 9.939 units.

UFC on Fuel TV: The Tragic Life of Sean Loeffler

Posted on February 14, 2012 by Erik Fontanez

Life is good when you grow up in a beach community. UFC on Fuel TV 1 fighter Sean Loeffler can tell you about growing up in such a place.

The son of a police officer and private school secretary, Loeffler was raised in Hermosa Beach, Calif., for his entire childhood. Can’t complain much in that aspect. “It was your typical American family,” he told MMAWeekly.com.

But once his parents got divorced, things changed.

The 17-year-old was told that he needed to start looking out for himself, as both his parents made arrangements to move away. It was tough as a young man, deciding on where to go and what to do.

One decision led to Loeffler fathering a child when he was still a teenager. Being a kid with a kid was tough. Making money became paramount for the young parent, according to the Southern California resident.

He’d hustle where he could and try to make ends meet, but the monthly bills weren’t always paid on time. Even at two years old, Loeffler’s daughter, Amber, took notice of such things, and had an incredibly mature attitude for being so young.

With the bills unpaid and candlelight providing illumination in a poverty-stricken San Pedro apartment, Loeffler said his daughter told him, “Dad, I like reading by candlelight because we get to read together.”

To this day, memories like that make the middleweight tear up.

It didn’t get any better for Loeffler from there. The emotional toll left by his daughter’s positive attitude made him find a way to make money as quick as possible. He started running around with the wrong people and selling “stuff” to make money and take care of her.

That stuff sold well, and money began to come in at a rate higher than he’d seen any time before. It was too much money for a guy his age. “I was driving a (expletive) Corvette at (the age of) 20,” he said.

While the money was nice, legal trouble began to find Loeffler. It all came to crashing halt the day he discovered his then-fiance with another man. A physical altercation with the man led to him doing a stint in jail. “They threw the book at me,” he said. He described it as a wake-up call.

After doing his time in the California penal system, financial trouble began to play a role again. His backlogged child support reached into the tens of thousands, and he hoped for a way to get back on top of things. A conversation with his baby’s mother’s attorney led him to believe there was a way for everything to be okay. But the cost of signing off on this meant giving up his legal rights as a father.

As a result, a judge told Loeffler he has as much right to see his daughter as any other guy off the street. How often he saw his daughter was completely up to his baby’s mother and how she saw fit.

“It’s the same thing (as) a babysitter,” he said. “I didn’t know that when I signed the paperwork like an idiot.”

The same judge told Loeffler she felt he was tricked into signing the paperwork. When he asked why, the judge responded by informing him the mother changed his daughter’s last name.

The name-change happened five years ago. He hasn’t seen his daughter since.

Through his turbulent adulthood, Loeffler’s been shot, stabbed, and imprisoned. But losing his child was what he described as rock bottom. Suicidal thoughts crossed the then-23-year-old’s mind. He tried to get his record clean and get a stable job, all to make a better life for his little girl, but not having her made it seem like he had no reason to live.

A drunken walk one night in a Target parking lot might have been his final moments. He made that walk with a fully loaded handgun in his possession. As strange as it may sound, being too drunk saved his life. Loeffler passed out in the parking lot.

After being taken to a friend’s home and getting over what was sure to be the only hangover he’s glad he had, Loeffler reexamined his situation… again. This time, instead of getting into trouble, he’d get into a cage.

Mixed martial arts became Loeffler’s new focus.

Like most fighters, he fought on smaller promotions and to this date has earned a 25-5 record. King of the Cage came calling and things started rolling in a positive direction, finally.

“I started becoming more of a professional athlete instead of a professional asshole,” Loeffler so eloquently stated.

It was motivating, he said. He started to respect himself for the first time in years. Getting time in the gym with guys like Vladimir Matyushenko, Antoni Hardonk, Travis Browne, and a list of others helped him turn his life around.

His career took him to The Compound in Oceanside, Calif. At this gym, he met Claudia Ortega, who, since his parents divorced, is the only woman he’s looked at as a mother figure.

“He’s like a son to my husband and myself,” Ortega told MMAWeekly.com. “Over the last five years since we’ve known him, he’s matured. When we met him, he was a super-fly-off-the-cuff kind of guy.

“We tried to encourage him to start thinking about a future instead of just living in the moment. You don’t have to be what people think you are. You can surprise them.”

He was bouncing around from apartment to apartment before Ortega and her husband invited him into their home. Loeffler’s relationship with the Ortega’s became the solid family that he hadn’t seen since he was 17 years old.

Things didn’t remain solid for long, however.

Loeffler’s boxing coach, Hector Gil, was helping the middleweight prepare for his debut in Bellator. At the time, this was the largest MMA promotion he had the opportunity to fight in. Training with Gil included perfecting an angle to land a right hand in his upcoming fight with Bryan Baker. Unfortunately, Gil never finished perfecting that angle for Loefller.

Loeffler got a call. He was told that on April 7, 2010, Gil was murdered along with two others. A man named Mark Diaz walked into the Pacific Coast Boxing gym and shot Loeffler’s coach. Gil was 52 years old.

“I was devastated,” he said. “I couldn’t concentrate on anything.”

Despite the tragedy, Loeffler followed through with the fight – a TKO loss. Looking back, he feels he probably should have pulled out of the fight, but it served as another wake-up call. He didn’t want the tragedies of his life to seep into the cage when he’s there to fight. He made a vow never to lose again.

Loeffler has since gone 6-0.

Now, after all the nonsense he’s dealt with, and all the decisions he’s made that have caused him and others intense pain, Loeffler is preparing for what seems like one of the easiest tests he’s seen since his parents divorced – his UFC debut at Wednesday night’s event on Fuel TV.

And you thought fighting was hard.

Ha ha yes they are strange. Anyway, the girls, do you remember where they came from, the norwegians? Any luck? u know
haha I remember the one I was speakin to who had half-decent English was from Fredrikstad or at least at college/uni there. A couple of them had been to get their lips augmented at some place in Sharm on the cheap so they could barely speak because their lips were all swollen. Me and one of my buddies ended up going off with a couple of Russian girls that night who seemed keener for some action! But two others from our group thought they were in there with the Norwegians, and the Finnish bloke had taken a fancy to one of my mates! So we said we'd go back to their hotel as it was next to the hotel that the Russians we'd met were stayin in and was a lot closer than our hotel. But when we got there we weren't allowed in of course. One thing to bare in mind if you ever go to Egypt is that they dont take kindly to bringing girls back to the hotel or any sort of out-of-marriage relationship! After we got rejected at their hotel we left the girls and went back to our as it was like 5 in the morning. Then the Norwegians rang us up and said they'd come to our hotel. We knew theyd never get through the security but my mate still told them to come! So these 3 girls trekked about half an hour in a taxi all the way to our hotel. They arrived at like 6am and by then we'd all fell asleep so they were ringing our phones for ages! Somehow they managed to get through, probably because security are dodgy and probably thought they could sell drugs to them or something. They managed to find our room and banged on the door for ages and went crazy at us as theyd been hanging around for ages! Was quite entertaining! Hotel manager rang our room and was going mental about us having girls in our room. So we had to send them to another room whilst security searched our room and we pretended that we'd never had girls in our room! Ridiculous how serious they take debauched antics like tht!
Last edited by Vaughany; 02-15-12 at 05:26 AM.

Vaugh, do you think the bonuses props get up today?? im contemplating taking struve by sub, but i wont if i can get Struve sub of the night
Paddy and skybet might after about 3pm. Not sure tho what with it being midweek and a fight night type event. I notice BM have got FOTN listed but not the others yet. And sportbet have got them listed but without odds if u click on props without logging in. But then tht doesnt necessarily mean they'll actually bring out odds in time for those listed. I'd wait until late afternoon and if not up by then just take Struve by sub.

haha. Nice story there. Lip augmentation as in a procedure? that is risky buiss.. one thing is to put collagen into them or some other shit, but an operation? woaw, fredrikstad, you did it again.

Thats egypt. I was robbed in the security check by one of the people working at the airport last year. I had to pay him to get my mac charger back. absolutely rid. I was just there for a couple of hours tho.

It seems like they are pretty strict when it comes to drinking or at least it was like that in the past.
After they found out that it was money to be made, they said ok, fine..you can have your alcohol, but damn you if you bring girls home. You cant pay them off? Are people forced to create a false marriage on a one week tour to get that dangi dang dang?