Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
Remember guys, Maia beat Munoz in their fight, even though Munoz took the Decision. I had big money on Munoz and sighed a big sigh of relief when he took the decision. I had given that fight to Maia.
Yeah I agree. I think that Maia should be a small favorite here. Mayhem mounted Bisping early in their fight. What will Maia do if he attains that position?

Remember guys, Maia beat Munoz in their fight, even though Munoz took the Decision. I had big money on Munoz and sighed a big sigh of relief when he took the decision. I had given that fight to Maia.
Yeah it was very close (especially round 3 tht could of gone either way and probly should of been a draw with Maia taking round 1 and Munoz round 2), and I remember being glad that I just took the fight to go distance prop and avoided betting on either straight-up. Regardless of who should of won, the biggest sin was tht Nelson "Doc" Hamilton gave Munoz all three rounds! Absolutely hilarious And I believe it was same night that Dave Hagen gave Ken Flo all three rounds against Nunes and Elkins all three against Omigawa. That dude should of been shot right there and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
Hey Mr. Vaughany....any leans on Condit/Nick Diaz? I'm guessing Condit by TKO if he's played at all since Diaz never gets tired?
Yeah, I lean Diaz but not at the current odds. Possibly Condit by TKO from cuts or something but I think Diaz by decision might be the best value play. For me though, Diaz/Condit FOTN will be free money and at +250 or better is better value than playing either straight-up! I dont know how this cant be a war that goes at very least 3 rounds. I doubt the likes of Nelson/Werdum, Pierce/Koscheck, Barao/Jorgensen or Herman/Starks will eclipse it. Couple of fights on undercard could be very exciting/entertaining such as Poirier vs Holloway and Caceres vs Figueroa but I still expect Condit/Diaz to get it just because it's main event and 5 rounds.

I expect Barao/Jorgensen to be a real FOTN candidate.

And you can't say, Werdum/Nelson could turn out to be an incredible fight.
Barao Sub of the Night and Werdum/Nelson to go the distance would be my plays on those fights. I think Vaughany is right about Condit/Diaz FOTN althought I think that it will be rather one-sided and very similar to Nate's fight with Cerrrone.

U rarely get a HW fight that is exciting for more than a round though unless somebody like Struve is involved. Can you name one in recent times?

But yeah I meant to say tht Barao Jorgensen will be the biggest contender and may hedge with tht. 143 is a card Im really looking forward to betting wise

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
U rarely get a HW fight that is exciting for more than a round though unless somebody like Struve is involved. Can you name one in recent times?
It could be a 1 round fight and still get FOTN. Einemo's last fight was a round and a half and it got it, beating the bloody JDS/Carwin brawl, Florian/Nunes, Maia/Munoz, and Cerrone/Rocha.

And Diaz/Penn wasn't a one sided beatdown?

or Nate/Cerrone, for that matter.
Depends how u classify a one-sided beatdown. Penn and Cerrone never got dropped. Penn won the first round in many people's opinion inc' mine. Cerrone came back in the second and did okay, dropping Nate with leg kicks.
Also Dos Santos vs Carwin was a three-rounder...these five round main events have a slight advantage. Not sayin it doesnt happen - Barboza/Etim would of been a better example from the other night - tht was pretty one-sided and Etim ended up unconcious but still walked away with FOTN money - but it's all about percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Depends how u classify a one-sided beatdown. Penn and Cerrone never got dropped. Penn won the first round in many people's opinion inc' mine. Cerrone came back in the second and did okay, dropping Nate with leg kicks. Also Dos Santos vs Carwin was a three-rounder...these five round main events have a slight advantage. Not sayin it doesnt happen - Barboza/Etim would of been a better example from the other night - tht was pretty one-sided and Etim ended up unconcious but still walked away with FOTN money - but it's all about percentages.
lol i wasn't arguing diaz/condit having the best chances, i was arguing that a) one sided beatdowns, b) short fights, and c) heavyweight fights can all be FOTN.

clearly diaz/condit has the best shot at being FOTN. my point was that you shouldn't count the other fights out as easily as you did.