Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

The two employees you compare is a toilet cleaner and a cage fighter? ok. i wont even comment that. ok i will...but...lissen dan miller in his daily work is exposed for significant health risk. The ufc does make big money of that. It is Dan Millers personal choice to do that, but that doesnt make the ufc less responsible to provide him, in my opinion. Another aspect is that Dan miller represent a perfect employee. Its natural that the ufc do compensate him, for the quite difficult situation Dan miller has ended up in. It doesnt hurt the sport either. Just pay Dan Miller the got damn money he deserves. Its a bout moral, and its about responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
The two employees you compare is a toilet cleaner and a cage fighter? ok. i wont even comment that. ok i will...but...lissen dan miller in his daily work is exposed for significant health risk. The ufc does make big money of that. It is Dan Millers personal choice to do that, but that doesnt make the ufc less responsible to provide him, in my opinion. Another aspect is that Dan miller represent a perfect employee. Its natural that the ufc do compensate him, for the quite difficult situation Dan miller has ended up in. It doesnt hurt the sport either. Just pay Dan Miller the got damn money he deserves. Its a bout moral, and its about responsibility.
Yes they are extreme examples, but for an employee it shouldn't make a difference whether you are a toilet cleaner or a cage fighter though, my point is that a boss can't give preferential treatment to somebody in his business just because they are in a higher position. Are you saying that a toilet cleaner doesn't deserve to have costs covered by his boss because of his role, but Dan Miller does because he's a cage fighter? Yes, Dan Miller is exposed to significant health risk, but it's his kids that are ill, not him. Yes, an argument of course can be made that he should be paid a lot more, but then if they pay him more then the UFC will have to pay everybody else more in relation.

1. A boss can give a preferential treatment to somebody. Soldiers in the middle east get that. Even the most suspect regime actually gives that, am i not right? The toilet cleaner should get compensation or preferential treatmens, if he deserves to. In your example, where you didnt come up with an example...well he shouldnt.
2. One kid died, one is very ill. Do you mean that this matter doesn't significantly affect dan millers health?
3. I agree, he and a lot of fighters, especially the fighters outside the very top should be paid more. Maybe then they wouldn't even beg for money in the first place. An operation they cant afford for a sick child....like i said in the beginning...its pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
1. A boss can give a preferential treatment to somebody. Soldiers in the middle east get that. Even the most suspect regime actually gives that, am i not right? The toilet cleaner should get compensation or preferential treatmens, if he deserves to. In your example, where you didnt come up with an example...well he shouldnt.
2. One kid died, one is very ill. Do you mean that this matter doesn't significantly affect dan millers health?
3. I agree, he and a lot of fighters, especially the fighters outside the very top should be paid more. Maybe then they wouldn't even beg for money in the first place. An operation they cant afford for a sick child....like i said in the beginning...its pathetic.
Yes you are right that certain types of employee get preferential treatment, but technically speaking in theory they shouldn't and that is where I'm coming from. And yes obviously Dan Miller is seriously affected by this, it's impossible to imagine the levels of stress he must be going through and amount of pressure on his shoulders. My point is that he won't be the first person to go through something like this and wont be the last...that is why Dana and Lorenzo contributing should be commended as you can't expect them to do it for every single charity case out there. But yes, if he cant afford the surgery because he isn't getting paid enough by his company - Zuffa - then u are absolutely correct, of course they should be paying. But then it's a hotly debated subject matter whether fighters get paid enough, and we don't know the full disclosed amounts that they get anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
ha yeah, I laughed at his recent status... "I have a question... What's the point of bein a lesbian if your just gonna date a girl that looks like a guy?"!

And on the other topic, of course I'm glad Zuffa steped up in this situation. However, a business is a business. Zuffa and the UFC donate to many causes and charities, this should be looked at the same. I do believe they should be praised as this is above and beyond their lengthy list of charity work. They are also sticking their neck out for future criticism from public if another fighter's family has complications. I simply look at what they did as a generous act, nothing more, nothing less. In fact, if I was in Miller's shoes, I would look at it as a donation and not as a check from my boss. And I think he is handling it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
UFC 141 plays:

2.395 units on Overeem/Lesnar to End by TKO/KO at -187.5 to win 1.277 units;

1.547 units on Overeem/Lesnar to Be Under 1.5 Rounds at -120 to win 1.289 units;

0.466 units on Overeem to Win in Round 1 at +275 to win 1.282 units.
so you are ruling out a triangle by Lesnar? Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
so you are ruling out a triangle by Lesnar? Hmmmm.
ha Nope, an arm-triangle is certainly possible, and a Overeem guillotine is also very possible - we shouldn't forget that he choked out Belfort earlier in his career - he is still the better submission artist even if Lesnar is clearly the better wrestler. I've got Lesnar inside distance as well. I don't see how this goes the distance so I'll happily play both inside the distance.
Last edited by Vaughany; 12-13-11 at 12:41 PM.

Adding:

Parlay: 6.437 units on Overeem Inside the Distance (-123) & Aldo (-245) to win 9.995 units;

Parlay: 0.644 units on Melendez (-310), Fitch (-220), Overeem Inside the Distance (-123), & Aldo (-245) to win 2.517 units;

6.436 units on Lesnar Inside the Distance at +175 to win 11.263 units;

6.436 units on Lesnar Inside the Distance at +161 to win 10.362 units.