Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Bellator 55 play:

5.731 units on M'Pumbu at -190 to win 3.016 units.
glad to see u one this, i was pondering him in a parlay with vila for a few days and i worried if m'pumbu gets taken down he is in a whole heap of trouble. i realize huge striking advantage but i worry he doesn't have a back up plan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
5Dimes limits action too if you're on a roll? Any evidence of this...
Um yeah, my account. $100 limits everywhere, $50 on reduced juice.

Everywhere limits you except for sites that encourage professional action, which as far as I know is only The Greek and Pinny.

And you don't get limited for being on a roll or winning, you get limited for beating their lines. I have limits at books that I've never cashed out from.

The answer to all 3 is "it varies", week to week
Different books, different days, different times
There is no book where all the lines originate

I have seen them released at 6am, noon, 6pm, and midnight
Back in the day, boxing odds were released every Wednesday afternoon
But the times have changed, the internet has changed the way a lot of these books work
And there are several MMA events a week now, so the oddsmakers work harder to get everything on the board

Nobody uses the phone anymore - the majority of wagering is done online
Long story short - you just have to keep on your toes and check often

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
Vaughany -- what have you observed as far as when new odds get released?

1. What time of the day is the most normal? Morning? Afternoon? Night?

2. What day of the week do the UFC prelims get released?

3. Which sites are where the odds REALLY originate?
As Ghost said it varies. Although, the remaining prelims that dont have lines currently available are usually released on a Tuesday evening during the week of the event (at least for PPV events). For Fight Nights, Versus etc... the undercard sometimes isn't released until the Thursday. Sportbet/5dimes, Bookmaker are the main line openers, and sometimes Bodog.

Summary of UFC 137 plays so far:

6.479 units on Cerrone at +135 to win 8.747 units;

6.48 units on Palaszewski at +240 to win 15.552 units;

6.376 units on Nelson/Cro-Cop to Go the Distance at +250 to win 15.95 units;

Parlay: 2.5 units on Baczynski (-138), Koch (-175), & BJ Penn (-125) to win 9.714 units;

Parlay (double): 6.376 units on Penn/Diaz to Go the Distance (-195), & Henderson/Guida to Go the Distance (-210) to win 7.863 units;

Parlay: 6.343 units on Griffin/Palaszewski Starts Round 2 (-675), Not Siver by Submission (-2120), Not Roop by Submission (-4740), Nelson/Cro-Cop Starts Round 2 (-306), Diaz/Penn Starts Round 2 (-670), & Not Guida Inside the Distance (-1282) to win 6.457 units.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Bellator 55 play:

5.731 units on M'Pumbu at -190 to win 3.016 units.

Highly frustrating performance from Tonton. Had at least 3 good opportunities to finish Wiuff and didn't take them. Almost seemed like Wiuff was semi-conscious and was awoken by the the GnP in Rnd 3. For how small and light M'Pumbu is his footwork and mobility is poor. Didn't circle enough and made it too easy for Wiuff

I thought Mpumbu moves pretty well based on his past fights. But for some reason he was slow and looked like he kinda gassed, maybe because the fight was outdoors. He also had the chance to let Wiuff up instead of staying in his guard. But he just sat on his knees and let Wiuff grab his legs for the crucial last minute takedown. I'd still favour him over the current 205 roster in a 5 rounder.

-And kudos on getting in Cerrone at +135! That is ridiculous.