Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
LOL @ that pic.... looks like the typical facebook showoff that needs self-gratification.
My $$$ is on Meathead regardless.
haha yeah always gives me douche-chills when I see somebody doing tht on facebook! Like they've spent an hour trying different angles and different flexing! Tragic

Adding:

13.8 units on Baczynski at -138 to win 10 units.

Big play on Baczynski for me which could be risky and don't recommend others go as big! That being said, I believe The Polish Pistola has the advantage in every area of this fight. I bet quite big on Edwards against Harvison as I fought he'd be able to control with his wrestling, which he did to a certain extent, however he didn't have the cardio or experience to back-up his solid, aggressive start in the first round. I still fought he should of got the nod as I thought he clearly won first round and scraped the last round. Now Harvison faces a bigger and more experienced fighter in Baczynski. Harvison didn't impress me on TUF, although not many at all impressed me on that season - Ferguson was clearly a level above all the guys on the show. But with regards to Baczynski, he is clearly not that good a fighter either, but I do feel he has the ability to dominate Harvison. He has more experience against better competition, a better camp training with likes of Bader, Dolloway, Lawler, and spends time with Kingsbu who was in his corner for his last fight. A key consideration in this one is that Seth was fighting at 185 during his previous involvement on TUF and against Brad Tavares in the finale. Even at that weight where he was undersized in terms of bulk, he showed that he could compete, he went to decision against Court McGee and Tavares, and some thought he deserved the nod against Brad. He is now a big 6ft 3" WW rather than a small MW which has already shown dividends in his previous fight against Alex Garcia. Seth stepped in on a month's notice to fight Garcia for the interim title in his own backyard in at the Bell Centre and was expected to be another stepping stone for the top prospect out of Zahabi MMA. After being taken down early on, he was able to control Garcia on the ground, get back to his feet then lock on a guillotine that he used to transition to full mount. He then took Garcia's back and controlled him stealing the first round. In the second round, his heart, cardio and size showed as he stuffed the take-down attempts of Garcia and ended up landing on top again and finishing the Animal with some brutal GnP. THis fight with Harvison should be different as it's highly unlikely that Harvison will look for take-downs, and even if he did I highly doubt he'd be able to get Baczynski down, even though that's been one of Seth's weaknesses in the past. I believe and hope that Baczynski will in fact be the one looking for the takedown after trading with Harvison for the first couple minutes. It's quite clear that Harvison is quite a slow starter, Edwards showed that you can overwhelm him early. Hopefully Seth will use his size to close the distance and pressure Clay against the fence, where he will use his knees which he uses to good effect and wear Clay down before putting him on his back and either submitting him or delivering some solid GnP. I dont see Harvison TKO/KO'ing Seth as I don't believe Clay has that much power in his hands, and Seth also has a solid chin as he showed against Tavares, McKenzie and Garcia recently. I think Clay's only chance is to pick apart Seth standing, but I dont think this is likely as I expect Seth to will have the right strategy of mixing it up with cage pressure and takedowns, along with the experience, determination, and cardio to go 3 rounds hard and show more control and dominance in the judges eyes. Coming out of Power MMA and training with likes of Dolloway, Bader and Kingsbu, I'd like to think that takedowns will be a key part of his strategy. Hopefully, he will end the poor run of Power MMA recently!

Baczynski's fight with Garcia is below:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi9...aczynski_sport

Adding:

12.002 units on Ken Stone at -120 to win 10.001 units.

See Stone being more athletic, having superior grappling, and solid striking - especially leg-kicks. He's fought two Top 6 Bantamweights so far and done well until getting brutally finished. I see it being third time lucky and Donny Walker is not near the level of Jorgensen and Wineland.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Adding:

13.8 units on Baczynski at -138 to win 10 units.

Big play on Baczynski for me which could be risky and don't recommend others go as big! That being said, I believe The Polish Pistola has the advantage in every area of this fight. I bet quite big on Edwards against Harvison as I fought he'd be able to control with his wrestling, which he did to a certain extent, however he didn't have the cardio or experience to back-up his solid, aggressive start in the first round. I still fought he should of got the nod as I thought he clearly won first round and scraped the last round. Now Harvison faces a bigger and more experienced fighter in Baczynski. Harvison didn't impress me on TUF, although not many at all impressed me on that season - Ferguson was clearly a level above all the guys on the show. But with regards to Baczynski, he is clearly not that good a fighter either, but I do feel he has the ability to dominate Harvison. He has more experience against better competition, a better camp training with likes of Bader, Dolloway, Lawler, and spends time with Kingsbu who was in his corner for his last fight. A key consideration in this one is that Seth was fighting at 185 during his previous involvement on TUF and against Brad Tavares in the finale. Even at that weight where he was undersized in terms of bulk, he showed that he could compete, he went to decision against Court McGee and Tavares, and some thought he deserved the nod against Brad. He is now a big 6ft 3" WW rather than a small MW which has already shown dividends in his previous fight against Alex Garcia. Seth stepped in on a month's notice to fight Garcia for the interim title in his own backyard in at the Bell Centre and was expected to be another stepping stone for the top prospect out of Zahabi MMA. After being taken down early on, he was able to control Garcia on the ground, get back to his feet then lock on a guillotine that he used to transition to full mount. He then took Garcia's back and controlled him stealing the first round. In the second round, his heart, cardio and size showed as he stuffed the take-down attempts of Garcia and ended up landing on top again and finishing the Animal with some brutal GnP. THis fight with Harvison should be different as it's highly unlikely that Harvison will look for take-downs, and even if he did I highly doubt he'd be able to get Baczynski down, even though that's been one of Seth's weaknesses in the past. I believe and hope that Baczynski will in fact be the one looking for the takedown after trading with Harvison for the first couple minutes. It's quite clear that Harvison is quite a slow starter, Edwards showed that you can overwhelm him early. Hopefully Seth will use his size to close the distance and pressure Clay against the fence, where he will use his knees which he uses to good effect and wear Clay down before putting him on his back and either submitting him or delivering some solid GnP. I dont see Harvison TKO/KO'ing Seth as I don't believe Clay has that much power in his hands, and Seth also has a solid chin as he showed against Tavares, McKenzie and Garcia recently. I think Clay's only chance is to pick apart Seth standing, but I dont think this is likely as I expect Seth to will have the right strategy of mixing it up with cage pressure and takedowns, along with the experience, determination, and cardio to go 3 rounds hard and show more control and dominance in the judges eyes. Coming out of Power MMA and training with likes of Dolloway, Bader and Kingsbu, I'd like to think that takedowns will be a key part of his strategy. Hopefully, he will end the poor run of Power MMA recently!

Baczynski's fight with Garcia is below:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi9...aczynski_sport

this is a ballsy play....but the write up is appreciated....baczynski has definitely been in much tougher(harvison`s win have been over mostly stiffs)...but he manages to lose a little too often....one hopes he`s not used to taking the "L"....

g.l. on the play,brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Adding:

12.002 units on Ken Stone at -120 to win 10.001 units.

See Stone being more athletic, having superior grappling, and solid striking - especially leg-kicks. He's fought two Top 6 Bantamweights so far and done well until getting brutally finished. I see it being third time lucky and Donny Walker is not near the level of Jorgensen and Wineland.
im loving this play... instantly when i was looking at the odds it struck me as a "good" play.

no, im not going as big as you but im going with the play mone the less