Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post

Nope he isn't, not that it matters now.
I wouldn't take too much exception to you calling Hughes the better striker (even though I personally think the evidence suggests otherwise), but calling Hughes the significantly better striker sounds like total bunkum to me.

You criticise Sanchez for brawling, yet bailing on takedowns and winging punches is still often more conducive to success than anything Hughes does in the stand-up. Could you imagine Hughes rocking Kampmann, or even landing discernibly clean, hard shots on Kampmann? I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post

I wouldn't take too much exception to you calling Hughes the better striker (even though I personally think the evidence suggests otherwise), but calling Hughes the significantly better striker sounds like total bunkum to me.

You criticise Sanchez for brawling, yet bailing on takedowns and winging punches is still often more conducive to success than anything Hughes does in the stand-up. Could you imagine Hughes rocking Kampmann, or even landing discernibly clean, hard shots on Kampmann? I don't see it.
That's fine, think what you want. It's your opinion and I happen to think you're wrong. Agree to disagree, or don't agree at all. Either way I having a hard time actually giving a **** about fight that's not even going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
I'd say Sanchez is better at striking in terms of attacking an opponent with flurries, but Hughes is a better counter puncher, more methodological, and has more power, as the Almeida (counter-punch) and even Renzo fight to certain extent showed.
Agreed, though I would personally give Sanchez the edge in power. Almeida got lamped by a gassed Andrei Semenov and Renzo Gracie... is Renzo Gracie. I think rocking Kampmann, dropping Guida and knocking out Riggs is a more impressive display of power.