Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by snake11eyes View Post
What did you get this. At 5d now its -2200.
Yeah got it at -2150, just throwing it in to parlays as a slight booster.

Quote Originally Posted by rochestertitans View Post
vaughny, what is the best fav parley u got?
Probably Figueroa, MIller and not Hardy by submission. Could easily add Hettes and Sadollah to that as well to make it Evens or better but Im always weary of doing more than 3 way parlays.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
was reading(admittedly on wiki) about hettes` grappling/sub creds.....and apparently did some boxing....he`s a lefty(based on the fight i watched).......this guy might be interesting to keep an eye on...maybe he`s the guy we thought grispi was...
Yeah his grappling is legit - high level Judo (which Greg Jackson has confirmed) and solid BJJ. He's choked out a decent prospect as well in Jacob Kirwan in his last fight. Kirwan was a Maryland State Wrestling Champ, won 1st place in the 2008 Naga World Championships, 1st place at 2008 Grapplers Quest U.S. Nationals Advanced light weight Division. Kirwan has also submitted both BJJ Black Belt Daniel Morales and Kevin Roddy who was a Kurt Pellegrino Brown Belt. So I'd say Hettes credentials are legit or at least better than Bruce Leroy's!

Adding:

8.1 units on Hardy at Evens to win 8.1 units.

May well regret this but I'm not ready to give up on Hardy yet! I really don't see Lytle tryin to take Hardy down and not convinced he even could if he tried. Hardy's weakness is the double-leg which GSP and AJ exploited, Lytle is not the type of fighter to shoot a double leg. I'm counting on a combination of Lytle not being 100% and Hardy being smart and throwing a lot of leg kicks at Lytle's dodgy knees and using his reach and size advantage to land more shots standing.

lytle is saying that he believes that dana put him in the main event for a reason....and that reason is that he knows that lytle gives the fans what they want.....he`s basically promised the fans a throw down.....

somehow,i believe lytle when he says something....it makes it a more difficult fight for him....but you have to admire the guy`s loyalty to the organization and his sack.......

was pretty ambivalent toward lytle prior to reading the comments below...always respected him as a fighter....but i have new found respect for him...he may well be setting himself up for a loss(i`m admittedly on hardy,so it benefits me),but that kind of loyalty is hard to come by....if he beats hardy in a throwdown,back and forth fan friendly fight,i think i`ll be quite satisfied to lose my wager...

but i hope dana doesn`t do anything stupid if lytle loses.....guys like lytle(who have given the ufc a long history of good work)deserve some loyalty in return...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/08/1...lige-at-ufc-o/

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Adding:

8.1 units on Hardy at Evens to win 8.1 units.

May well regret this but I'm not ready to give up on Hardy yet! I really don't see Lytle tryin to take Hardy down and not convinced he even could if he tried. Hardy's weakness is the double-leg which GSP and AJ exploited, Lytle is not the type of fighter to shoot a double leg. I'm counting on a combination of Lytle not being 100% and Hardy being smart and throwing a lot of leg kicks at Lytle's dodgy knees and using his reach and size advantage to land more shots standing.
ur gonna regret that m8 .. Dan Hardy is gonna get destroyed by Lytle .. MAYBE .. MAYBE dan hardy takes 1 round .. IF THAT ..

I see Lytle knocking him out or winning a Unanimous decision

best of luck though lol

Yeah Lytle said before the Davis fight that they'd keep it standing and whoever took it to the ground first was a pussy (not so much in those words!) and we all saw how that played out! No doubt that Lytle will play the company man, same as Franklin, he knows he's not gonna get a title shot so might as well entertain the fans and look for bonuses and keep the boss happy. No way he gets cut if he loses, only way he leaves UFC is if he retires, which is very possible if he loses this. Have a feeling he may well follow Matt Hamill's lead.

Quote Originally Posted by jesuseatsnubs View Post
ur gonna regret that m8 .. Dan Hardy is gonna get destroyed by Lytle .. MAYBE .. MAYBE dan hardy takes 1 round .. IF THAT ..

I see Lytle knocking him out or winning a Unanimous decision

best of luck though lol
ha We shall see Mr Jesus, I may well be off on this.

If anything I'd say Hardy has better chance of winning the Rnd 3 as he gets stronger the longer the fight goes while Lytle get's slower the longer fights go. Lytle has always had less luck with more technical strikers, he got soundly counter-punched by Marcus Davis, IMO and many others should of lost the fight to Paul Taylor (Taylor won the 2nd and 3rd round) and Thiago Alves finished him. He also got dominated in first round against Kevin Burns and lost first round against Matt Brown. As the Davis fight showed, Lytle leaves himself open to taking knees to the body and sound counter-striking in general - areas that Hardy is effective in.