Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
How close are you to riots?
Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
yeah...what`s it like in the mother country right now,v?....looks like everyone`s gone bonkers...absolutely hatstand.....

same shit happening in some cities in the states(to a lesser extent).....

be safe....
Yeah pretty crazy in London and other big cities at moment. I'm based near Silverstone (Formula 1 track) which is quite rural so no trouble where I'm at. It was bound to happen eventually, so many scumbags in our country combined with our Government over past decade having created such an overly politically correct idealism that these fu**kers know they can get away with anything. All started because some wannabe gangster got shot in the face in broad-daylight by a cop in Tottenham and so they all rioted there and since then everybody is just copying so that they can just loot and feel anarchic...it's a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
BJ isn't being serious in that video bro! He's mocking and having another pop at all the TRT guys like Marquardt, Sonnen, etc...
I suppose you're right..I fell for it since BJ is such a lazy ass..Regardless, what are your thoughts on this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
I suppose you're right..I fell for it since BJ is such a lazy ass..Regardless, what are your thoughts on this fight?
ha I'm sure you're not the only one! I like BJ in this one especially at plus odds, but again it's always risky with BJ because he is such an enigma. But if the BJ that faced Fitch turns up against Condit then I think he'll either choke Condit it out or scrape a decision. Many will say that Condit will be able to pressure BJ and set a pace that is too much and have better cardio but I don't necessarily think that is a big issue for BJ. Sanchez and Sherk are also known to push a fast pace and have great cardio (and alot more so than Condit in turns of relentlessness) but they were dominated by Penn, espeically Sanchez, that performance from BJ was poetry in motion. Condit's defence is not great, it showed against Macdonald, Ellenberger and Kampmann where he was tagged and dropped. Although I doubt Condit will be TKO'd or Ko'd I think BJ can catch him with strikes and drop him leading to a submission. For people taking Condit you're either thinking that he is an ultimate KO artist now after his last couple of fights and think he can finish Penn or you think he can outstrike and out-cardio Penn on-route to a decision. I think the latter is more likely than the former but still don't see either happening. Penn's chin is one of the best in the business, and Condit is going to be very confident in his KO power after those last two fights, maybe even too confident to the point where he doesnt set things up properly and takes too many risks that BJ can exploit either with counters or with a takedown, or doesnt throw combinations but instead looks for the one-punch or one-flying knee finish. With regards to out-pointing Penn, Condit isn't exactly a Frankie Edgar fleet of foot fighter, as said above, he's more likely to take risks and look for the finish than play for a decision even though he is a Jackson fighter, it's just not in his nature to be defensive. SO the other way he might dominate on route to a decision is by out-grappling BJ. I just dont see this happening, I highly doubt he looks for a takedown (he has even said that he has no intention of going to the ground with BJ) and as already said he is going to be overly confident in his striking after 3 impressive finishes in a row.

ha I'm sure you're not the only one! I like BJ in this one especially at plus odds, but again it's always risky with BJ because he is such an enigma. But if the BJ that faced Fitch turns up against Condit then I think he'll either choke Condit it out or scrape a decision. Many will say that Condit will be able to pressure BJ and set a pace that is too much and have better cardio but I don't necessarily think that is a big issue for BJ. Sanchez and Sherk are also known to push a fast pace and have great cardio (and alot more so than Condit in turns of relentlessness) but they were dominated by Penn, espeically Sanchez, that performance from BJ was poetry in motion. Condit's defence is not great, it showed against Macdonald, Ellenberger and Kampmann where he was tagged and dropped. Although I doubt Condit will be TKO'd or Ko'd I think BJ can catch him with strikes and drop him leading to a submission. For people taking Condit you're either thinking that he is an ultimate KO artist now after his last couple of fights and think he can finish Penn or you think he can outstrike and out-cardio Penn on-route to a decision. I think the latter is more likely than the former but still don't see either happening. Penn's chin is one of the best in the business, and Condit is going to be very confident in his KO power after those last two fights, maybe even too confident to the point where he doesnt set things up properly and takes too many risks that BJ can exploit either with counters or with a takedown, or doesnt throw combinations but instead looks for the one-punch or one-flying knee finish. With regards to out-pointing Penn, Condit isn't exactly a Frankie Edgar fleet of foot fighter, as said above, he's more likely to take risks and look for the finish than play for a decision even though he is a Jackson fighter, it's just not in his nature to be defensive. SO the other way he might dominate on route to a decision is by out-grappling BJ. I just dont see this happening, I highly doubt he looks for a takedown (he has even said that he has no intention of going to the ground with BJ) and as already said he is going to be overly confident in his striking after 3 impressive finishes in a row.
its hard for me to be objective when it comes to penn b/c i am a big fan, but i think this is an excellent breakdown of the fight. ultimately im just hoping for an exciting fight, and i think we will get that with these two.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
What worries me is that Penn doesn't seem to be the same fighter as he was a few years back
I think Penn has been without serious motivation since his last GSP fight. Even his second Edgar fight. He thought he won the first, so he didn't change much for the second.

Although I still consider Penn dangerous. He was not super motivated for his fight with Fitch (as he was totally gassed after 3 rounds) but he still took it to a draw. I like Condit a lot, but BJ should take him down without danger of getting subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
I think Penn has been without serious motivation since his last GSP fight. Even his second Edgar fight. He thought he won the first, so he didn't change much for the second. Although I still consider Penn dangerous. He was not super motivated for his fight with Fitch (as he was totally gassed after 3 rounds) but he still took it to a draw. I like Condit a lot, but BJ should take him down without danger of getting subbed.
It might not be just lack of motivation but maybe accumulated injuries.

I guess it's because Castillo has better stand-up and may be able to keep it standing due to his wrestling background and out-strike Volkmann
I think it also has a lot to do with Volkmann not really looking like a dangerous fighter. Him and Ebersole look they should be cleaning toilets, but they have some skills. Volkmann is usually on the undercards so he doesn't get the exposure.