Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Yeah tht does seem like a good play, I think Condit has a good chance of getting a decision as well tho.

ya know,i`ve been reading as much as i have time for on kim/comdit and i`m taking a shot with carlos at even money.......looking at kim`s loss(that was overturned) vs an aging parisyan....his draw with hasegawa.....and his split decision vs matt brown(not to mention his fight with nate diaz...many thought diaz did enough)....i think kim is very beatable.....

i have to believe that condit is preparing for the clinch and the takedowns....yeah,he could get hugged and laid on.....

i still like his cardio,skill and heart....condit`s about as tough a competitior as there is....and his resume is strong....

it will be close,i`m pretty sure...if there were a "split decision" prop,i`d be on it...

not a "steppin out" play(knowing full well that condit has had issues with wrestlers)......more a "degenenerate gambler with a hunch/fan boy" fun play on a guy i respect for some action on what appears to be an intriguing match-up....
Last edited by rocky mattioli; 07-01-11 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
(knowing full well that condit has had issues with wrestlers)
He actually handled Brock Larson and Jake Ellenberger. He subbed Larson quickly and was able to defend/reverse takedowns against Ellenberger in the 2nd and 3rd round of their fight. I don't think Kim has anything that Condit hasn't seen before. People forget that Condit has great submissions, he just hasn't had any in the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
He actually handled Brock Larson and Jake Ellenberger. He subbed Larson quickly and was able to defend/reverse takedowns against Ellenberger in the 2nd and 3rd round of their fight. I don't think Kim has anything that Condit hasn't seen before. People forget that Condit has great submissions, he just hasn't had any in the UFC.
Ellenberger took the fight on short notice and gassed out towards the end of the fight. So it might not be a very good example of Condit handling wrestlers. Then again, probably Kim will gass out too.

UFC 132 Plays so far:

6.1 units on Dominick Cruz by Decision at +170 to win 10.4 units.

6.22 units on Wanderlei Silva at +120 to win 7.466 units;

4.853 units on Wanderlei/Leben to not go the Distance at -130 to win 3.733 units;

0.178 units on Leben KO of the Night at +1800 to win 3.204 units;

0.475 units on Leben by KO at +800 to win 3.8 units;

2 units on Wiman at +120 to win 2.4 units;

4.8 units on Wiman/Siver to go the Distance at -120 to win 4 units;

0.067 units on Wiman KO of the Night at +3000 to win 2.01 units;

6.1 units on Stungun by Decision at +170 to win 10.4 units;

3.946 units on Condit/Stungun to go the Distance at -150 to win 2.631 units;

0.782 units on Simpson by Decision at +175 to win 1.369 units;

0.357 units on Tavares by KO at +400 to win 1.428 units;

0.05 units on Winner by KO at +900 to win 0.45 units;

Parlay: 6.24 units on Andre Ward & Bader to win 2.476 units;

Parlay: 0.624 units on Guillard, Not Bader by Submission, Not Leben by Submission, Not Faber by Submission, Condit/Stungun Starts Rnd 2, Wiman/Siver goes the distance, Sotiropolous by decision, & Miller/Henderson goes distance to win 4.783 units;

Parlay: 0.1 units on Barnett by Submission, Condit/Stungun to Decision, & Bader by Decision to win 0.931 units.

Also having following parlay that has some UFC 132 fights involved:

4 out of 6 folds parlay: 0.855 units (0.057 units per line) on Barnet/Rogers to not go the Distance, Sturm by Decision, Bader by decision, Wiman by decision, Stungun/Condit goes the Distance, & Davis/Evans goes the Distance to win 13.815 units.

Also have a risk-free arb involving Bader/Tito which will net me just over 9 units if Bader doesn't win by decision and 27 units if Bader does win by decision (won't be included on my record on here).
Last edited by Vaughany; 07-01-11 at 05:25 PM.

Also have a risk-free arb involving Bader/Tito which will net me just over 9 units if Bader doesn't win by decision and 27 units if Bader does win by decision (won't be included on my record on here).

I have a similar arb, though yours is more profitable than mine both ways. Mine relies on the fight going to decision though, as opposed to Bader by decision. More or less the same thing I suppose!

Man, that -130 line on the fight to go the distance was an absolute dream. In fact, pretty much all of the early lines for that bet were in the -130/-140 region. Crazy value.