Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by jrbacon View Post
Vaughany - can I get your opinion on dos santos/ carwin to go more than 1 round. Am fairly new to mma betting and realize carwin usually ends in first but thinking Jr gives him a run for his money. Any advice would much appreciated! Price has fluctuated from -115 to -130.
I actually think it's a good bet, I've been considering the Over 1.5 at +185 on Pinnacle but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Dos Santos has said that he wants to exploit Carwin's cardio and finish him in the second or third round. Add the fact that Carwin will probably have the Lesnar fight in the back of his mind and therefore be conscious about going too hard in the first round and gassing out again and I'd say there's a pretty good chance that the first round wont be as eventful as most would expect. Could see Carwin pressuring Dos Santos against the cage and jostling for position a lot in first round.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

jrbacon gave Vaughany 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Going well so far, James Head only one to let me down. Main aim of this card was to make up what I lost last week on TUF 13 Finale, don't wanna risk ruining the solid start to the night so arbing my 12 unit play on Herman/Einemo not going distance at -120 with 4.7 units on fight going distance at +260. Will mean 5.3 units profit if either fighter finishes or 0.22 units if it goes the distance.