Login Search

Vaughany's MMA Picks...

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Volkman dec or sass submission?

Don't think he taps sass...dun think sass can get the dec
Sass puts on a Joe Lauzon like pace in the first round and can gas in the second. all of those pulling guards are taxing on the body. I would not be surprised if Volkmann's weak gnp causes a tKO stoppage, but yes, those are the two most likeliest of outcomes.

Volkmann seems intelligent enough not to fall for those traps.

Sass is very good at latching on to certain submissions, but Volkmann is still the superior grappler. Terry Etim is another fighter similar to Sass who might not be a black belt but still has a very aggressive and creative submission game which has lead to submission wins against lesser grapplers such as Holst, Michael Johnson, Jason Young, Jason Ball (Sass), or Faalotolotoo, Bucholz, Grice (Etim). Nonetheless, when he fought a legit black-belt in Dos Anjos, we found that Etim was slightly out of his depth on the ground and still very raw, and eventually tapped out. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar thing happened in this Sass fight.

lol

“I’d say [it is a death sentence]. That’s a very tough fight for Ryan Bader. Don’t get me wrong, Bader’s a tough guy and I’ve got a lot of respect for him, he came back from two tough losses impressively. But Rampage is going to be excited to fight in Japan, he’ll be excited to get back to winning ways, that’ll be a good win for Rampage.” - Bisping