Login Search

UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till (September 08, 2018)

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
Camacho is the play right......his skills are better.....most tested, tough chin....+165....im in...
Camacho better hurt Neal real quick or else the volume, hand speed, long combos of Neal are gonna start racking up big time. Camacho much too hittable, and Neal finally gets a fight where he either isn't undersized or giving up reach. Camacho has an excellent chin and he's super fun to watch from a fan's perspective, but I think there's a solid chance he gets TKO'd here.

Quick thoughts on Dodson/Rivera: Not trying to jump off the Rivera bandwagon off one KO loss, but I think I have Dodson in this one by the slightest margin. I just think he may be a bad style matchup for Rivera. Rivera loves to plant his feet and fire super fast combos on the counter, but Dodson is so good at staying outside and darting in and out, potshotting with his left hand. Rivera will have to time him up or I think his counters will miss a lot and be too late, even as fast as he is. Dodson is a pro at this getting in and out game, changing rhythms and being hard to time, so he may be able to pull it off.

If Dodson does get hit on the counter, has the stronger chin of the two and should be able to take shots from Rivera. On the flip side, Dodson has the more proven KO power in his hands and we have seen Rivera's chin get tagged a little in the past. I think we see a standup battle where Dodson looks to stay outside and dart in and out with his left hand, while Rivera plants his feet and looks to counter. IMO it should be Dodson who starts to score more with his broken rhythm and the fact that he will be willing to go first. He's worth a small shot at these dog odds I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
I would edge the KO likelihood just slightly to Alhassan, but yeah it's a very tough fight to bet. I just think Alhassan has the better track record of getting the KO finish and his chin hasn't looked vulnerable in the way Price's has at times (dropped twice by Morono, and rocked badly by Luque).
Maybe its my imagination, but seeing Niko Price @ weigh ins and in interviews, he looks mentally unstable. (Imagine that remark coming from me, the guy Thrilla claims is "insane".)

Just the look in his eyes and his oddball antics. Does he always look and behave that way?

It looks like he's trying to act like Conor McGregor. Trying to be like Conor usually means someone is about to lose their fight.

Quick thoughts on Dodson/Rivera: Not trying to jump off the Rivera bandwagon off one KO loss, but I think I have Dodson in this one by the slightest margin. I just think he may be a bad style matchup for Rivera. Rivera loves to plant his feet and fire super fast combos on the counter, but Dodson is so good at staying outside and darting in and out, potshotting with his left hand. Rivera will have to time him up or I think his counters will miss a lot and be too late, even as fast as he is. Dodson is a pro at this getting in and out game, changing rhythms and being hard to time, so he may be able to pull it off.

If Dodson does get hit on the counter, has the stronger chin of the two and should be able to take shots from Rivera. On the flip side, Dodson has the more proven KO power in his hands and we have seen Rivera's chin get tagged a little in the past. I think we see a standup battle where Dodson looks to stay outside and dart in and out with his left hand, while Rivera plants his feet and looks to counter. IMO it should be Dodson who starts to score more with his broken rhythm and the fact that he will be willing to go first. He's worth a small shot at these dog odds I think.
I wonder if Dodson hurt his hand or is struggling with hand injuries. He doesn't throw hard with bad intent anymore the way he did earlier in his career when he was knocking everyone out.

I would edge the KO likelihood just slightly to Alhassan, but yeah it's a very tough fight to bet. I just think Alhassan has the better track record of getting the KO finish and his chin hasn't looked vulnerable in the way Price's has at times (dropped twice by Morono, and rocked badly by Luque).
I haven't watched tape but my initial lean was Razak too. Now that his price improved significantly, I might have to take a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
I haven't watched tape but my initial lean was Razak too. Now that his price improved significantly, I might have to take a closer look.
9 wins. 9 first round KO's. He's a finisher for sure. I just trust his power+chin combo more than Price's. But it's still not a fight to bet confidently either way that's for sure.

Unpopular opinion because Andrade is a damn beast, but I think the line on KK has some value. She can take a shot pretty well and she keeps her volume high and lands a decent amount of shots. I think there's a chance that she gains momentum late and starts to shift the tide. Whether or not she can do it soon enough to win a decision? I don't know. She also has to stay off her back which isn't easy vs. Andrade. I definitely favor Andrade, but I may take a small stab at the KK line.

Unpopular opinion because Andrade is a damn beast, but I think the line on KK has some value. She can take a shot pretty well and she keeps her volume high and lands a decent amount of shots. I think there's a chance that she gains momentum late and starts to shift the tide. Whether or not she can do it soon enough to win a decision? I don't know. She also has to stay off her back which isn't easy vs. Andrade. I definitely favor Andrade, but I may take a small stab at the KK line.
I agree...huge value.
If Karolina avoids take downs she wins...

Woodley talking about smashing his opponent heading into this as he did with Thompson and Maia but produced 3 straight decisions -- I cannot believe he went to a 5 round decision with Maia...that was bad.

I am leaning Woodley but he's going to get out struck stats wise if he doesn't finish...

It's hard to see Andrade losing here. At the best KK may win a round. I took Andrade decision which was about -115. A good performance by KK here means it gets to the scorecards but I can't see what she can do to stop Andrades forward pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Gotta wonder how drained Till will be now? This is a 5 round fight.. Probably was a massive weight cut for him as usual..
looked like Woodley had a tougher cut

Till full of life and your boy Tyrone was very quiet and had cotton mouth

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
looked like Woodley had a tougher cut

Till full of life and your boy Tyrone was very quiet and had cotton mouth
Till is gonna be put on his back Jakester, T-wood by lay and pray...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
BTW did anyone notice Darren Till has a tattoo of his girlfriend (or ex girlfriend?) on his left arm?

Brave soul.
He'll regret that tat one day I'm sure.. Very brave or stupid soul...