Login Search

UFC Fight Night: Pettis vs. Poirier (November 11, 2017)

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
I think you gotta fade Nate Marquart and Arlovski.. Both washed up now and on the verge of being cans.. Both probably lose ITD as well..
I disagree on Nate actually. In 11 UFC fights, he has never finished anyone by strikes and has only subbed 2 guys with awful ground games (Hermanson and Thiago Santos). These guys both fight very careful now since realizing they can't take the big shots anymore (or any shot with Ferreira). Even money this fight goes to decision is low to me. Whoever can keep the acting going will win a decision here IMO. When you get beat by Elias like Ferreira just did, you are either too low work rate wise or don't have good cardio. Ferreira's work rate is low because he's scared to death to take a punch. With Nate, he'll be even more scared while Nate survived with Alvey (awful fight) and Belfort last time out. +246 on Nate NO CARDS is very tempting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
Why?
I wish I could write out a convincing argument, but basically, I think it is a good matchup for Moraes, if they stand and throw, I think he has a nice advantage. If Dodson shoots, which I don't even know that he will in his gameplan, I think Moraes gets the stuffs, or at least can get back up if he does get taken down, although I do see that as unlikely. I think Moraes wanted to be in the UFC badly, had a super tough matchup his first opportunity, and he makes up for that tough decision loss with a convincing win tonight. I think he gets it ITD, but maybe by UD.
And also it may be stupid, but I like the line holding firm despite majority of action on John.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
It's just 1 toe lol. I dislocated 3 of my toes in the cage once and one also broke all from a stupid foot stomp. It probably won't even affect your job? I had to do security while wearing this big frankenstein boot looking thing. You're acting like matt hammil from ultimate fighter season 3 when he finally hot hit in the head and kept asking people to make him sandwiches and wouldn't leave his bed.
Why were you doing security?

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
What about Lopez as a live dog? Turbo mentioned Ansaroff earlier but Lopez's number is much better. I think the two of them have a solid shot. Is everyone scared to bet against Assuncao? Lopez's wrestling pedigree and gas tank are huge weapons against a guy that rarely finishes anymore and has made his living off of razor thin decisions recently.

Ansaroff by dec could be ok for a small stab at +300 but I can't take her straight at +160.
Why can't you take Ansaroff ML? I think ITD is a likely path to victory, especially by sub.

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
Think I'm going to round robin this card. Have the following that I like so far. May take Marquardt ML out for something else and do a bunch of round robins for those plays.

Arlovski/Albini OVER 1.5 (+152)
Marquardt (+250)
Dodson by DEC (+177)

Suarez ML (-300)
Northcutt/Quinones OVER 1.5 (-172)
Hill/Ansaroff OVER 2.5 (-260)
Can Marquardt win by anything other than KO?

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ph3t View Post
Risked 5.25 units to win 2.5 Karl Roberson -210 vs Darren Stewart
Risked 5.3 units to win 2Tatiana Suarez -265vs Viviane Pereira
Risked 5.5 units to win 5Clay Guida -110vs Joe Lauzon
Risked 0.25 units to win 0.6Nate Marquardt +240vs Cezar Ferreira
Risked 1 unit to win 2.2Andrei Arlovski +220vs Junior Albini
Risked 4.35 units to win 3UNDER 2.5 -145vs Matt Brown
Risked 5 units to win 5.25Dustin Poirier +105 vs Anthony Pettis
Best of luck tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
I disagree on Nate actually. In 11 UFC fights, he has never finished anyone by strikes and has only subbed 2 guys with awful ground games (Hermanson and Thiago Santos). These guys both fight very careful now since realizing they can't take the big shots anymore (or any shot with Ferreira). Even money this fight goes to decision is low to me. Whoever can keep the acting going will win a decision here IMO. When you get beat by Elias like Ferreira just did, you are either too low work rate wise or don't have good cardio. Ferreira's work rate is low because he's scared to death to take a punch. With Nate, he'll be even more scared while Nate survived with Alvey (awful fight) and Belfort last time out. +246 on Nate NO CARDS is very tempting to me.
I like that better than Nate ML since Ferreira is much more likely to win a decision imo

Quote Originally Posted by KingHawkins View Post
Marlon Moraes max bet 4 figures for me. Getting offered -115 now, but closer to fight I should get even or plus money. I'm seeing large majority of action on Dodson.
I'm thinking the same.. Moraes by decision over Dodson for me... Better striker technically.. Should begin to pick Dodson apart... Dodson hard to finish so it probably goes the distance..
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.