Login Search

UFC Fight Night: Chiesa vs. Lee (June 25, 2017)

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
I'm going BIG on Tim Boetsch

Was already leaning that way mildly now its a significant play
Based on Hendrick's last fight with Lombard I felt he would win this fight. Now it's a complete unknown. If Hendricks feels physically OK he's a better fighter. No clue where his mind is at.

Seems like Lee's path to victory is to keep the fight standing, but over 5 rounds that's going to be hard to do with a guy who doesn't get tired and who will just run forward through your punches and chase you until he gets you against the cage where he has excellent body lock takedowns. Chiesa is an ugly fighter for sure, but hard to see Lee beating him with a smart, technique based gameplan over 5 whole rounds.

I think this is a five round fight? I'd take Lee in 3rds, but Chiesa in 5rds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
Seems like Lee's path to victory is to keep the fight standing, but over 5 rounds that's going to be hard to do with a guy who doesn't get tired and who will just run forward through your punches and chase you until he gets you against the cage where he has excellent body lock takedowns. Chiesa is an ugly fighter for sure, but hard to see Lee beating him with a smart, technique based gameplan over 5 whole rounds.

I think this is a five round fight? I'd take Lee in 3rds, but Chiesa in 5rds.
i thought only title fights were 5

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
Lol... every main event has been 5 rounds for over a year now
They came out and said that a long while back and then immediately didn't follow through. All title fights are 5, obviously, but the main events have been some 3, some 5, with no real rhyme or reason.