Login Search

UFC on FOX: Johnson vs. Reis (April 15, 2017)

Last Post

Default UFC on FOX: Johnson vs. Reis (April 15, 2017)

FOX 08:00 pm ET
Demetrious Johnson vs Wilson Reis (for Flyweight title)
Rose Namajunas vs Michelle Waterson
Ronaldo Souza vs Robert Whittaker
Renato Moicano vs Jeremy Stephens

FOX 06:00 pm ET
Roy Nelson vs Alexander Volkov
Tom Duquesnoy vs Patrick Williams
Bobby Green vs Rashid Magomedov
Tim Elliott vs Louis Smolka

UFC Fight Pass 4:30 pm ET
Devin Clark vs Jake Collier
Andrew Sanchez vs Anthony Smith
Augusto Mendes vs Aljamain Sterling
Nathan Coy vs Zack Cummings
Ashlee Evans-Smith vs Ketlen Vieira

Give Points

Points Awarded:

GunShard gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jacare vs Whittaker should be the main event.. Damn that's a good fight!!! Whittaker is really tough to handle right now.. Jacare is Jacare though!!!

Whittaker could be a live dog in this one are my initial thoughts..

UFC on FOX 24 - Middleweight 3 rounds - Sprint Center - Kansas City, Missouri - Fox
Sat 4/15 1201 Robert Whittaker +190 o1½ -145
8:30PM 1202 Ronaldo Souza -230 u1½ +125

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
jacare sub hedged with Whitaker KO

jacare has no chin and is old
Agreed Beelz my thinking exactly...

I'm not ready to say Jacare's chin is completely glass yet but he has been rocked in recent fights.. Romero almost put him out with this..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-10-17 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
jacare sub hedged with Whitaker KO

jacare has no chin and is old
Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

I'm not ready to say Jacare's chin is completely glass yet but he has been rocked in recent fights.. Romero almost put him out with this..

Aye my thoughts on it exactly.

Parlay props I am lookin' at Jacare in rounds 1-2-3 with a Whittaker KO. Still mulling over a possible decision prop on Jacare.

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Yeah Jacare almost got knocked out but didn't and that was a really good shot. He still did good in that fight even tho Romero was juiced to the gills. Jacare should win this fight easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SEKTAUR View Post
Yeah Jacare almost got knocked out but didn't and that was a really good shot. He still did good in that fight even tho Romero was juiced to the gills. Jacare should win this fight easily.
I don't think you are giving Whittaker enough respect.. His take down defense is very good, and he can knock people out..

RW looked good against Brunson in his last fight. He's on a 6 fight win streak as well.http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Robert-Whittaker-45132

whittaker a great fighter and striker hes young in the sport , but this is Jacares time
Jacare is easily top 3 185er on the planet right now
on a 11 fight win streak , imo he beat Yoel 2-1 so counting that as a win, he also beat Brunson
his last loss was against Rockhold before Jacare had his striking game at the level it is now and that was a super tight fight against imo the best 185er in the planet....

Jacare will be to strong and if he gets him to the ground its game over, plus his striking is extremely underrated.... Jacare has a weak/glass chin?? guy has 26 fights and has been tko/kod twice ever and the one was his first fight ever over a decade ago and the other was a lucky upkick against mousasi who he beat recently ??? Guy got hit by a spinning backfist from hell by Yoel and didnt even get kod where 90% of the division wouldve been flat lined

great fight and its Jacares last fight on his contract , he needs this win for his title fight im thinking Jacare by sub round 2

side note rose vs watterson is gonna be a sweet chick fight, both super talented in all aspect, super tough fight to call.. rose isnt always mentally there but has a ton of talent... might be worth taking the underdog here , and not by decision both of these girls could easily finish here

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
whittaker a great fighter and striker hes young in the sport , but this is Jacares time
Jacare is easily top 3 185er on the planet right now
on a 11 fight win streak , imo he beat Yoel 2-1 so counting that as a win, he also beat Brunson
his last loss was against Rockhold before Jacare had his striking game at the level it is now and that was a super tight fight against imo the best 185er in the planet....

Jacare will be to strong and if he gets him to the ground its game over, plus his striking is extremely underrated.... Jacare has a weak/glass chin?? guy has 26 fights and has been tko/kod twice ever and the one was his first fight ever over a decade ago and the other was a lucky upkick against mousasi who he beat recently ??? Guy got hit by a spinning backfist from hell by Yoel and didnt even get kod where 90% of the division wouldve been flat lined

great fight and its Jacares last fight on his contract , he needs this win for his title fight im thinking Jacare by sub round 2

side note rose vs watterson is gonna be a sweet chick fight, both super talented in all aspect, super tough fight to call.. rose isnt always mentally there but has a ton of talent... might be worth taking the underdog here , and not by decision both of these girls could easily finish here
I agree Jacare is jacare, and he is a beast.. Goes to the ground Whittaker is in a world of hurt..

What I've seen from RW though in recent fights is he's very quick with his punches and light on his feet.. He's underrated athletically as well. Very quick and not taken down easily... He seems to be improving with every fight also.. I just think he's a tough match up for anyone right now including Jacare...

That's why I said this fight should be the main event.. It's a solid match up for sure!!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-10-17 at 09:15 PM.

i think whittaker could be a future champ for sure, guy has some of the best boxing / hands in the division hands down
but i think its still Jacares time and bit early for Whittaker , basically Jacares last stand right now to get that title shot so i think hell come through, best fight of the night imo as well

this card is almost better then last weeks to me , looking forward to see how demetrious takes out Wilson Reis and the straweight womans fight is possibly a contender matchup to see who will fight winner of JJ/Justin bieber andrade