Login Search

UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Gastelum (March 11, 2017)

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Leaning Kevin Lee because of his wrestling but worried about a decision robbery in Brazil... Probably still going with Lee by decision..

There's a chance Lee can get a submission win here as well..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kevin-Lee-84342

That's what I'm thinking as well. I like Trinaldo and I don't want to fade him but his TDD is below average and Lee is a very good wrestler with a solid back take game. Not sure what this gif shows since Iaquinta is the one attempting a sub but Lee might get Trinaldo's back and lock in an RNC. Have a small bet on Trinaldo Decision since that was my initial lean but probably not betting this fight big after more tape study.

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
trinaldo has a ton of momentum right now , dudes been beasting out lately plus in Brazil ... hard to fade him here
Lee is a solid prospect but not sure its his time yet, I think Trinaldo will get a hard faught decision in this one imo
his size and power will be to much for Lee to handle
That was my initial lean but upon further review I think Lee will have success with the wrestling throughout. I would bet Trinaldo against most LW strikers (I bet him big against Felder for instance) but I think this is a bad matchup for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
That's what I'm thinking as well. I like Trinaldo and I don't want to fade him but his TDD is below average and Lee is a very good wrestler with a solid back take game. Not sure what this gif shows since Iaquinta is the one attempting a sub but Lee might get Trinaldo's back and lock in an RNC. Have a small bet on Trinaldo Decision since that was my initial lean but probably not betting this fight big after more tape study.
Just showing Lee's take down and wrestling capabilities.. He's a wrestler with good take downs and an underrated submission game.. Only take down gif I could quickly find with Lee .

This card is a little tricky, not a clear cut as last card that's for sure..

Seriously thinking of fading Shogun..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Gian-Villante-42802
Villante has good kicks and hits hard but he has horrendous fight IQ. I was at his fight against Safarov and bet him to ML and KO. Safarov ****** up his knee early and Villante didn't seem to notice or do anything. He couldn't get an opponent with essentially one leg out of there for over 5 minutes and almost got finished himself. I can't play that Fight IQ or Cardio myself even though Villante could definitely win.

Villante has good kicks and hits hard but he has horrendous fight IQ. I was at his fight against Safarov and bet him to ML and KO. Safarov ****** up his knee early and Villante didn't seem to notice or do anything. He couldn't get an opponent with essentially one leg out of there for over 5 minutes and almost got finished himself. I can't play that Fight IQ or Cardio myself even though Villante could definitely win.
Shogun has been in alot of wars, I do think this one ends up in a knock out one way or the other.. Gian Villante does have alot of KO's on his record.. He's been fighting in the UFC for a while now also.. At age 31 I give him a chance against the aging and battle worn Shogun..

Shoguns chin can't be trusted anymore I think..

Shogun has been in alot of wars, I do think this one ends up in a knock out one way or the other.. Gian Villante does have alot of KO's on his record.. He's been fighting in the UFC for a while now also.. At age 31 I give him a chance against the aging and battle worn Shogun..

Shoguns chin can't be trusted anymore I think..
Agreed. I think both guys get knocked down in a fun fight. Maybe play the Under or Fight WGD?

Agreed. I think both guys get knocked down in a fun fight. Maybe play the Under or Fight WGD?
These are some options then...

1104 Fight won’t go 3 round distance -170

1133 Rua wins by TKO/KO +190

1129 Villante wins by TKO/KO +280

UFC Fight Night 106 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - Centro de Formacao Olimpica do Nordeste - Fortaleza, Brazil - FS1
Sat 3/11 1101 Gian Villante +120 o1½ -160
11:59PM 1102 Mauricio Rua -140 u1½ +140

Shogun did take some heavy punches from Hendo to his credit 3 years ago, but that was 3 years ago.. Maybe his chin isn't completely shot just yet but getting there..

And the strike that ended the fight..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-09-17 at 09:17 PM.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Marion Reneau all the way, ole pitbull gonna get smashed. She has worse stand-up, she has worse ground game. Her only avenue to win is if Marion Reneau doesn't come to fight and lets the judges throw pitbull a bone.

However, considering Marion Reneau has been calling this b!tch out for her last 3 fights, I highly doubt she came here to do nothin'. That makes the only question, a decision or ITD win for Reneau?