Login Search

UFC 172: Jones vs. Teixeira (april 26, 2014)

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pabst View Post
I dont know what took me, just lay a HUGE bet on Jim Miller at -195
I think you should have waited, better price coming I think.. Two team parlay ellenberger -268, parlayed with jones -485. Rocha is coming off a pretty serious leg injury suffered in a grappling tournament in late November he had surgery for it I think. He should be fighting at 145 and is taking this fight on short notice when he just started to get into harder training not long ago. He has the obvious grappling advantage but he shouldn't be able to take ellenberger down at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
Pass what your smoking please
I feel like rumble has a 0% chance especially with phil davis having superior wrestling by far, as well as the fact that his training buddy is alexander gustaffson (the most talented UFC light heavyweight striker). If he spars regularly with gusty he will be running circles around rumble guaranteed. In fact I only have seen p davis further improve with every consecutive fight. The iron sharpens iron principle has definitely played here with gustaffson improving his TDD and wrestling and P davis striking against machida etc.

I'll be max betting what my bookie will allow on phil davis saturday

=))))) This is just like the khabib bet. Don't even think about trying to bet the other guy you'll be giving your money away
Last edited by covertops; 04-23-14 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabst View Post
I dont know what took me, just lay a HUGE bet on Jim Miller at -195
Be very careful with this. Medeiros is a lot harder to take down than he looks (khabilov had a helluva time trying to suplex him) and he is a better striker than miller. We all saw what happened when he stood on the feet with a "scrapper" in the diaz fight. Tread softly my friend as I would hate to see you lose all that. I am actually thinking about a small to medium on medeiros

My picks for the card:

1. Jones by submission (rear naked choke just like he did to a gassed rampage)
2. Davis by decision
3. Rockhold by boring as penetrate decision ----> possibly upset KO
4. Medeiros by TKO (upset)
5. Fili by TKO
6. Benevidez by TKO (I still think he manages to do it with all that power)
7. Gomi by Dec
8. Correia by Dec
9. Ellenberger by KO
10. Danny Castillo by split decision (possible upset)
11. Beal by decision (coin flip)

My actual plays:

40u on Davis
5 u parlay Davis/Benevidez/Correia
3u on Medeiros
5 u on Fili
2 u parlay Davis/Benevidez/Fili/Correia
2 u parlay Davis/Benevidez/Medeiros

1u = 25 CAD

Further Note: I think jones will get his bells rung more than a couple times this fight but his chin is good!
Last edited by covertops; 04-23-14 at 03:09 AM.

For real....100% MAX BET>....This is a Phil Davis Highlight reel in the making....
Quote Originally Posted by covertops View Post
I feel like rumble has a 0% chance especially with phil davis having superior wrestling by far, as well as the fact that his training buddy is alexander gustaffson (the most talented UFC light heavyweight striker). If he spars regularly with gusty he will be running circles around rumble guaranteed. In fact I only have seen p davis further improve with every consecutive fight. The iron sharpens iron principle has definitely played here with gustaffson improving his TDD and wrestling and P davis striking against machida etc.

I'll be max betting what my bookie will allow on phil davis saturday

=))))) This is just like the khabib bet. Don't even think about trying to bet the other guy you'll be giving your money away