Login Search

UFC 172: Jones vs. Teixeira (april 26, 2014)

Last Post

Default UFC 172: Jones vs. Teixeira (april 26, 2014)

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira
Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson
Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold
Bobby Green vs. Jim Miller
Andre Fili vs. Max Holloway

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
Joseph Benavidez vs. Timothy Elliott
Takanori Gomi vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
Bethe Correia vs. Jessamyn Duke
Joe Ellenberger vs. Yancy Medeiros

UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET

Charlie Brenneman vs. Danny Castillo
Chris Beal vs. Patrick Williams

There are some EASY locks here for a parlay. Not gonna make you a lot of money here, but this is what I got;

Jones vs Texiera
Texiera's only chance for a win is KO. Everyone has a punchers chance but with Jones's reach that is unlikely to happen and Jones is too smart to find on the inside against glover.
I got Jones via UD 50-45

Anthony Johnson Vs Phil Davis
Again only a punchers chance for Johnson and that is VERY unlikely to happen considering Davis has never been finished and has a MUCH higher fighter IQ than Johnson. Davis will use his range and takedowns when necessary to outpoint him the whole fight
Davis by easy UD 30-27

Luke Rockhold vs Tim Boetsch
After an embarrassing KO loss to Vitor Belfort, Rockhold will be looking to make a statement in this fight. Also, as highly regarded prospect from Strikeforce, the UFC is looking to give Rockhold a win by tossing him a fighter who is a gatekeeper at best. Boetsch has pulled off upsets in the past but against an undersized Lombard and an overated Okami. No upset will happen in this fight as I see Rockhold being the better fighter everywhere.

Rockhold by tko/or UD

Joseph Benavidez vs. Timothy Elliott
Benavidez is the number 2 flyweight in the world.. If not for that fluke KO against mighty mouse he could easily be the flyweight champ. So unless there is another fluke.. No way Benavidez losses this fight.

Benavidez by UD

I could see jones tkoing glover in the later rounds. He is a big muscle bound guy so i expect him to tire. I imagine jones will be attemptingto use his reach and throwing alot of kicks to the body. I would take into consideration that bader almost knocked him out.

i would add that phil has a decent shot at submitting rumble.

Not touching luke rockhold. I expect him to in but that line is not worth it. Especially with the power tim has.

i like benavidez but im a little hesitant to bet him. Elliot seems to be a super tough guy with decent takedown defense and a pretty high volume striker. Benavidez is better than him in every single area but i could see tim making this fight somewhat close or even winning a bs decision becaue he pushed forward. Kind of like ehat clay guida does. Add in diego sanchez. Most likely joeb catches him with something big and gets him to the ground and submits him or manages to win a decision.

Good luck. If i were you i would probably leave out rockhold just because he doesnt really bring any value. Maybe rockhold by decision would be a good straight bet for you. He doesnt temd to submit guys amd tims chin is very solid. At even money its a solid bet considering what his odds are straight.