Login Search

UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs Nelson (April 11, 2014)

Last Post

Prelims - I'm thinking Jared Rosholt is overrated and Daniel Omiel... at +200 is worth a try...

Jared Rosholt is a wrestling based fighter like his brother and he's been padded with crappy opponents in his career up until this point. 9-1 record.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Rosholt... I saw his will get broken badly in his one loss to Derrick Lewis...

I'm thinking Daniel Omielanczuk a striking based fighter has a good chance of putting his mitts on Jareds chin.. With 20 fights under his belt he comes in with experience, and he's only lost 3 fights as well which is respectable....

I'm gonna throw a few chips on Daniel in this one.. Sure if the fight goes to the ground Daniel is probably screwed, but with his size and experience he may just keep it standing long enough to land a few bombs...

At +200 it's my underdog pick of the card anyways... Thought to share..http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-abu-dha...el-Omielanczuk
Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-10-14 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post
put 1k on nelson at -125, hopefully my winning streak on hw fights continues.
did you guys heard about nog trying to file a lawsuit against the airline that flew him to abu dhabi, apparently he hurt his back in his seat, jesus the guy is falling apart
Good luck Latarianmilton!!! It's a good bet I think..

The only thing that scares me is Roy's gas tank.. Question is can he take out big Nog before he gasses out?.. Once Roy is completely gassed out he's just gonna hold on for a decision.. However, that's worst case scenario I think in this fight..

I think Big Nog gets dropped early in this one.. Big Nog isn't gonna dance around so Roy probably lands the hay maker bomb early on if he does...

My money is on Fat Country as well.. Breathe dog!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post
put 1k on nelson at -125, hopefully my winning streak on hw fights continues.
did you guys heard about nog trying to file a lawsuit against the airline that flew him to abu dhabi, apparently he hurt his back in his seat, jesus the guy is falling apart
Goodluck. Nelson in round 1 +350 for me. If he doesn't finish it in round 1 or 2 that's going to be trouble.

This isn't a good card to bet on, yet bettors are all over it since it's the first UFC event in 3 weeks. I did my best to control myself . My picks:

Beneil Dariush @ -160 4.8 units to win 3 units
Guida by decision @ +155 3 units to win 4.65 units
Laflare by decision @ -125 4 units to win 3.2 units
Nogueira by decision @ +465 1 unit to win 4.65 units
Guida/Kawajiri O2.5 + Nelson/Nogueira O1.5 3 units to win 4.04 units
Howard/Laflare O2.5 + Omielanczuk/Rosholt O1.5 2 units to win 2.07 units
Guida/Kawajiri O2.5 + Bisping/Kennedy O4.5 3 units to win 3.95 units

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Prelims - I'm thinking Jared Rosholt is overrated and Daniel Omiel... at +200 is worth a try...

Jared Rosholt is a wrestling based fighter like his brother and he's been padded with crappy opponents in his career up until this point. 9-1 record.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Rosholt... I saw his will get broken badly in his one loss to Derrick Lewis...

I'm thinking Daniel Omielanczuk a striking based fighter has a good chance of putting his mitts on Jareds chin.. With 20 fights under his belt he comes in with experience, and he's only lost 3 fights as well which is respectable....

I'm gonna throw a few chips on Daniel in this one.. Sure if the fight goes to the ground Daniel is probably screwed, but with his size and experience he may just keep it standing long enough to land a few bombs...

At +200 it's my underdog pick of the card anyways... Thought to share..http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-abu-dha...el-Omielanczuk
You talk about Rosholt having a padded record...have you looked at Omie's past opponents? Omie is definitely good but I haven't seen evidence that he can handle Rosholt's wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
You talk about Rosholt having a padded record...have you looked at Omie's past opponents? Omie is definitely good but I haven't seen evidence that he can handle Rosholt's wrestling.
I agree but Omie has had more padded fights which gives him an experience edge going in.. Can Omie handle Jareds wrestling probably not, but can Jared handle Omie's punches when they are standing? Will Omie be able to keep the fight standing most of the time? Lot of if's going into this fight....

We will see in a few minutes.......
Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-11-14 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
I agree but Omie has had more padded fights which gives him an experience edge going in.. Can Omie handle Jareds wrestling probably not, but can Jared handle Omie's punches when they are standing? Will Omie be able to keep the fight standing most of the time? Lot of if's going into this fight....

We will see in a few minutes.......
You see that guy's last fight? He eats cannonballs for breakfast.