Login Search

UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 (March 23, 2014)

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
Already looking at fights, Ellenberger VS Saffeidine i'm very confident in ellenberger and see him winning it, if you want to discuss why let me know, would potentially go all in if i had the money, lolz go for that buddy they are evens on paddypower atleast.
I'd like to hear your reasoning why Ellenberger wins. That looks like a good fight to bet but I'm not sure which line to take yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
I'd like to hear your reasoning why Ellenberger wins. That looks like a good fight to bet but I'm not sure which line to take yet.
Jake has big wrestling advantage. KO power. has fought better competition IMO. saffiedine is just one of those fighters that never looks very impressive but manages to get Dec's. i don't see any chance of him KO'ing Jake. i see Jake using his wrestling and grinding out a dec or maybe catching him with something for a KO. i'm not sure if its a five round fight, i will have to look at stats, footage etc as this may make a difference, but just looking at the fight i'm surprised its evens and Jake isn't the fav. hope this helps in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
Then again if jake decides not to use his wrestling and keep it standing, he might get leg kicked into oblivion. there are many factors ill have to consider if / when i bet on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
You won a Dollaway/Maldonaldo parlay then. It's as if you never bet Parke. Both were dogs so you still won a nice parlay. Congrats. If your book doesn't count that parlay as a win then it's time for a new book.
He's European, some of the euro books offer the draw as an option, in which case his parlay is

MMA fights are predictable because human behavior is predictable. There is variance of course but lessons can be learned from every event. After every event I objectively analyze myself in order to see what I did right & wrong. There is no substitute for tape study & one has to put the time in. There are no short cuts. Don't get bummed out. Believe me when I tell you that there is no greater feeling as when you are down but then come back from defeat. Also remember that variance works both ways. Next time variance might be in your favor.

MMA fights are predictable because human behavior is predictable. There is variance of course but lessons can be learned from every event. After every event I objectively analyze myself in order to see what I did right & wrong. There is no substitute for tape study & one has to put the time in. There are no short cuts. Don't get bummed out. Believe me when I tell you that there is no greater feeling as when you are down but then come back from defeat. Also remember that variance works both ways. Next time variance might be in your favor.
No. Variance is only when you lose, from what I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
I know, but it cut to the commercial break quick while Anik was talking and kind of left you in limbo for a minute. Who is saying the fight should have been stopped? I never did.
Others were saying it. Most guys got fooled by Anik who was talking like he stopped it. I guess when u are behind the mic u don't look at the clock or can even hear the ten second slap. To me it was cut and dry and i also had a commercial cut into clueless Aniks comments.