Login Search

UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 (March 23, 2014)

Last Post

Anyway, I think Hendo's aging won't be a factor, but the years of beatings he took will finally catch up to him at his current age. Plus the severe head trauma he prolly received from Vitor. TRT no doubt is helping Hendo stay in the game.
The x factor is Shogun and his laziness + shit knees. The guy has been known to have easy camps and relies on pure striking power to beat guys. I can't see Hendo pulling a Chael as Hendo's game is pretty limited.
Also got to factor in that Shogun trains with bums, regular joes like us.

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
Um me. um anyone that was paying attention. Lets just move on like Gamblor700 said this is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
I know that you suffer from insomnia. I know you suffer from insomnia because of your pain killer addiction. I know that you use your sciatica as an excuse for your addiction. You need to have a moment of self reflection MD. Only then will you be able to heal.
I spend too much time self-reflecting, I'd rather just play Dark Souls 2.

To be honest I would probably be an absolute crazed sadist if I had a degenerative disease that stuck me out of the blue. I have never handled stress well & have engineered my life to have virtually zero stress. If passive aggressive behavior on a message board is the worst that "Negative Nunya" is doing than he has incredible character.

To be honest I would probably be an absolute crazed sadist if I had a degenerative disease that stuck me out of the blue. If passive aggressive behavior is the worst that "Negative Nunya" is doing than he has incredible character. I have never handled stress well & have engineered my life to have virtually zero stress.

Sounds miserable. Stress is wonderful for you. Your body responds to stress and gets stronger. I'm super competitive at everything I do. Must win always. Must do better today than yesterday.

The day after I was diagnosed I went skydiving. Doctor tells me I'm not even supposed to jog.

Enjoy your stress-free life, turning into a pile of jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor700 View Post
Anyway, I think Hendo's aging won't be a factor, but the years of beatings he took will finally catch up to him at his current age. Plus the severe head trauma he prolly received from Vitor. TRT no doubt is helping Hendo stay in the game.
The x factor is Shogun and his laziness + shit knees. The guy has been known to have easy camps and relies on pure striking power to beat guys. I can't see Hendo pulling a Chael as Hendo's game is pretty limited.
Also got to factor in that Shogun trains with bums, regular joes like us.
Speak for yourself brah...im a brownbelt in Gabejitzu

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
Sounds miserable. Stress is wonderful for you. Your body responds to stress and gets stronger. I'm super competitive at everything I do. Must win always. Must do better today than yesterday.

The day after I was diagnosed I went skydiving. Doctor tells me I'm not even supposed to jog.

Stress is terrible for you. thousands of years ago humans would get stressed when they were being hunted / chased by wild animals. so while your getting stressed in the office with paperwork or some thing you have to deal with, your body is telling you, your getting chased by a wild cheetah. and you think that's healthy for you?

My updated bets:

2.4 units on Parke by decision at -120 to win 2 units
.5 units on Parke points handicap -3.5 at +200 to win 1 unit
1 unit on Henderson by decision at +605 to win 6.05 units
.5 units on Maldonado wins in R3 at +2100 to win 10.5 units
.5 units on Jason wins by submission at +550 to win 2.75 units
3 units on Rua + Maldonado/Villante starts R2 to win 2.16 units
3 units on Maldonado/Villante starts R2 + Brandao ITD to win .73 units
4 units on Maldonado/Villante GTD + Not Santos by KO/TKO to win 2.76 units
2 units on Taisumov + Rua to win 1.63 units
2 units on Taisumov + Maldonado/Villante starts R2 + Not Parke by submission to win 1.34 units

Stress is terrible for you. thousands of years ago humans would get stressed when they were being hunted / chased by wild animals. so while your getting stressed in the office with paperwork or some thing you have to deal with, your body is telling you, your getting chased by a wild cheetah. and you think that's healthy for you?
Put yourself in his shoes. He has the right type of attitude for the situation he is in right now. I would convince myself to think the exact same way. It's his "sense of life" to choose. When it comes to "sense of life". It's like arguing over what color is more beautiful. There is not just one correct answer.

I am very competitive as well. My favorite game to play is to strive to have inner peace/emotional homeostasis. When this state is achieved then life is much more enjoyable. Not only for me but those around me as well. Inner peace is essential to having an enjoyable life. The game of achieving inner peace is the most challenging & most fulfilling game that will ever be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eustress

Put yourself in his shoes. He has the right type of attitude for the situation he is in right now. I would convince myself to think the exact same way. It's his "sense of life" to choose. When it comes to "sense of life". It's like arguing over what color is more beautiful. There is not just one correct answer.
I'm just merely reiterating what i have heard / read scientifically. i don't want to put myself in a stranger over the internet's shoe. i will continue to think the way i think and he will continue to do the same.
Last edited by marzwoody; 03-23-14 at 03:45 PM.

Whatever works for you. although i don't consider most of those things listed as "stress" more like excitement, adrenaline or anticipation. stress is a negative word in my eyes no matter how you try and spin it. I don't want to have any form of stress in my life and try my best to minimize it.