Login Search

UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 (March 23, 2014)

Last Post

The UFC is so concerned with PR that they pull this guy the day of his fight? The UFC brass has become a bunch of hypersensitive women. They could have just let this fight happen and then cut him afterwards. All their attempts to make the sport more mainstream just drive the hardcore fans away from spending money on their overpriced product.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
If you think that how Shogun won his last fight, and why that's relevant here, has much of anything to do with variance, you need to re-evaluate how you view MMA.

He lost his whole bankroll on one card a few months back, that ship has sailed.
Didn't you lose 10k on mousasi? maybe your not one to speak

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
Actually I have a wonderful life. Not much goes wrong in it. So missing out on a big unit play for what I consider an invalid reason made me momentarily angry. The anger left me as soon as I expressed it and pushed the ENTER key. It is not healthy to repress one's emotion's especially negative emotions. Repression can lead one to be a "paraplegic of the soul" which can manifest itself into a very concrete way. So you might want to pay attention to what I just said. All your little passive aggressive snipes at the posters on SBR are very telling. You need to let your anger go. Only then will you be able to heal.
Master Yoda quote?!

Pretty sure you're thinking of Josh Thomson. And you're not very good at this "logic" thing, are you?
Pretty sure it was a bet only a retarded person high off paint and mushrooms would make. and i remember you saying the amount of money you lost made you feel "physically sick". so i doubt if you lost only 5% of your bankroll, like V theorizes then it wouldn't make you physically sick. so yeah like i said before maybe you shouldn't be a hypocrite and criticize other people for losing money. i don't think negative nunya needs you to hold his hand and make comebacks for him.

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
Pretty sure it was a bet only a retarded person high off paint and mushrooms would make. and i remember you saying the amount of money you lost made you feel "physically sick". so i doubt if you lost only 5% of your bankroll, like V theorizes then it wouldn't make you physically sick. so yeah like i said before maybe you shouldn't be a hypocrite and criticize other people for losing money. i don't think negative nunya needs you to hold his hand and make comebacks for him.
Find me a single reputable person on this forum who thinks that Bendo was the right side over Thomson. I'll wait.

Also, I wasn't criticizing Ron_Paul for losing money. You're clearly missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
The UFC is so concerned with PR that they pull this guy the day of his fight? The UFC brass has become a bunch of hypersensitive women. They could have just let this fight happen and then cut him afterwards. All their attempts to make the sport more mainstream just drive the hardcore fans away from spending money on their overpriced product.
It is a total head scratcher. Combat sports have historically been an avenue for upward mobility for the underprivileged. Boxing has always had young men with criminal records who are trying to make something of their lives. This PR policy seems to be a covert way of keeping young men from poor backgrounds out of the UFC. It is absolutely disgusting! And extremely hypocritical! Dana White is very public in his support of Floyd Mayweather. Dana claims he is a huge fan & in fact went to see his match vs Canelo. Mayweather has a history of abusing women. I can't believe I'm saying this but I have to agree with Sider. Down with the UFC!

Find me a single reputable person on this forum who thinks that Bendo was the right side over Thomson. I'll wait.

Also, I wasn't criticizing Ron_Paul for losing money. You're clearly missing the point.
Um me. um anyone that was paying attention. Lets just move on like Gamblor700 said this is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
It is a total head scratcher. Combat sports have historically been an avenue for upward mobility for the underprivileged. Boxing has always had young men with criminal records who are trying to make something of their lives. This PR policy seems to be a covert way of keeping young men from poor backgrounds out of the UFC. It is absolutely disgusting! And extremely hypocritical! Dana White is very public in his support of Floyd Mayweather. Dana claims he is a huge fan & in fact went to see his match vs Canelo. Mayweather has a history of abusing women. I can't believe I'm saying this but I have to agree with Sider. Down with the UFC!
perhaps a better example would be to jus say Rumble Johnson! Guy gave his ex a beatdown then ate her