Login Search

March mma news

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
Velasquez, Hendricks and now Weidman. Too many champs on the injured list
UFC PPV's are going to be hurtin' for certain'! Looks like we'll be seeing Rousey vs Carano. UFC is running out of stars & ideas. The UFC brand alone is not enough to carry a PPV. I have friends that are casual MMA fans. One of them asked me how I could call the guys in the UFC the best athlete's in the world when most of them make less money than kids that work at Home Depot. It's a question that needs to be asked over & over until the UFC brass is so sick of hearing it that they finally start paying these young men like true professional athlete's should be paid!

Guillard Happy With UFC Release: ‘Now I’m gonna make way more than I make with UFC’

Share0 4

“I was happy. I mean, I gave the UFC nine years. I honestly gave them one bad performance which was the London fight. I got two busted ribs, a busted hand, but I didn’t give any excuses. My ribs are still messed up. I got a busted hand, but my injuries are my problem… For me, honestly, I thought it was the best thing that could happen to me at this point in my career. They gave me a platform for a lot of organizations, and a lot of people want me right now.”

“…I had a bad performance, my fault, my bad. I’m the one out there doing do my job, I’m the one ending up fighting injured, but I’ll take that. Michael put on a great fight, he beat me that night. I had a horrible performance. But, did I think I was going to get released? No, I had no idea. I thought I was going to be put on the shelf.”

“I was actually happy because I felt like, I could sign with another company, and that company is gonna pay me way more than I make with UFC.”

- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/guillard-happy....ux1Hy567.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
UFC PPV's are going to be hurtin' for certain'! Looks like we'll be seeing Rousey vs Carano. UFC is running out of stars & ideas. The UFC brand alone is not enough to carry a PPV. I have friends that are casual MMA fans. One of them asked me how I could call the guys in the UFC the best athlete's in the world when most of them make less money than kids that work at Home Depot. It's a question that needs to be asked over & over until the UFC brass is so sick of hearing it that they finally start paying these young men like true professional athlete's should be paid!
They aint gonna pay anymore than they have to. This is why Vegas unions hate the Fertitas. These fukers are greedy. It shows live and in color how greedy these people are the way they pay most fighters. Then they fuk them with sponsors and are now trying to have their own uniforms. Next i hear the fighters are only gonna be allowed to train in a UFC gym and they have to pay to train there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Guillard Happy With UFC Release: ‘Now I’m gonna make way more than I make with UFC’

Share0 4

“I was happy. I mean, I gave the UFC nine years. I honestly gave them one bad performance which was the London fight. I got two busted ribs, a busted hand, but I didn’t give any excuses. My ribs are still messed up. I got a busted hand, but my injuries are my problem… For me, honestly, I thought it was the best thing that could happen to me at this point in my career. They gave me a platform for a lot of organizations, and a lot of people want me right now.”

“…I had a bad performance, my fault, my bad. I’m the one out there doing do my job, I’m the one ending up fighting injured, but I’ll take that. Michael put on a great fight, he beat me that night. I had a horrible performance. But, did I think I was going to get released? No, I had no idea. I thought I was going to be put on the shelf.”

“I was actually happy because I felt like, I could sign with another company, and that company is gonna pay me way more than I make with UFC.”

- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/guillard-happy....ux1Hy567.dpuf
i have to agree with Melvin with a lot of what he say's. This kid has laid it on the line a lot of times. He has one stinker and he is gone. So much for losing but having a great exciting fight. Those now a days are considered bad losses when the situation is right to cut a guy. I hope the kid gets what he wants. Maybe Bellator can sign him and then Dana can step in and say he was only kidding about cutting him. I wouldn't mind seeing Melvin against Eddie A.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
Melvin is done and ufc sees it
Now his bad mouthing will make it worse for him to come back

Smart move by ufc
He can make 10/10 in wsof
He is the same fighter he always was. I don't see any slippage. He is just an above average fighter. Snake like move by the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
They aint gonna pay anymore than they have to. This is why Vegas unions hate the Fertitas. These fukers are greedy. It shows live and in color how greedy these people are the way they pay most fighters. Then they fuk them with sponsors and are now trying to have their own uniforms. Next i hear the fighters are only gonna be allowed to train in a UFC gym and they have to pay to train there.
I am a Libertarian but I find unnecessary greed to be very distasteful! I always cringe when I watch TUF contestants say they are fighting for a better life for their family when they can make more money working at Home Depot. If they really cared about their family they would not be fighting MMA for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
Melvin is done and ufc sees it
Now his bad mouthing will make it worse for him to come back

Smart move by ufc
He can make 10/10 in wsof
I honestly couldn't imagine working for a company whose owner prides himself on never holding back his opinions but when it comes to his employees they have to sit there and kiss his companies ass or they could be fired. I would never last.

i dont think cutting melvin was a shady move or the least bit surprising...hes 2-5-1 since that nice little run he had...some good fights, handed out a beating and took several himself, capped it off w/ a dud...feel like he was given plenty of opportunities and lately hes been coming up short...time to move on, maybe rack some wins up elsewhere and maybe come back in the future as an injury replacement and regain his spot