Login Search

March mma news

Last Post

Joe Rogan Responds To Fans’ Complaints About UFC 171 Comments

Share0 9

After every UFC event, fans will flood their favorite MMA forums, and let their opinions fly. This weekend was no different, but the focal point of most posts seemed to be centered on Joe Rogan, and several of his comments during the UFC 171 show.
Fans took issue with Joe’s critique of Hector Lombard, as well as Joe’s pick for challenger to Hendricks’ newly-won welterweight belt, Rory MacDonald (and I can count myself as one of the detractors of that choice).
Thankfully for us, Joe is one of the MMA personalities that actually respond to the fans. He chats with them, he argues with them, he flames them, and when he hears a large amount of critiques coming from them about his performance, well… he responds to them (quotes via The Underground):
Instead of posting in the many post UFC threads that people make complaining about me after an event I thought it might serve the spirit of discussion better if I start my own.

The main complaint I’ve heard about last night was that I didn’t give Lombard enough credit. I LOVE that dude. He’s scary as penetrate, and when he’s blitzkrieging you he’s one of the most frightening motherfuckers on earth. That said, I think he only did enough to win on a night where he should have been trying to sell himself as a guy we want to see challenge for the title. He was clearly winning the fight, but his own corner was screaming at him to fight during the last round. Winning is certainly the most important thing for a fighter, and he certainly did that. No one has ever handled Jake the way Hector did. His judo was a thing of beauty. I just think he coasted too much in an important showcase fight.

Picking Rory over the other contenders to challenge for the title next was another complaint. The production had a list of fighters that are listed in the top contenders that they wanted me to pick one guy to challenge the title after the end of the event. It’s only my opinion and it certainly doesn’t mean that fighter will get the next shot. The reason I went with Rory is what I stated: I thought Woodley looked awesome, but the reality is Carlos blew his knee out on the take down and then it gave out when Tyron kicked him. Tyron was really impressive in the opening of the 1st with his insane speed and ability to close the distance and I would LOVE to see him fight anyone. For the title or not. The guy is a stud. It was just my opinion given the information in front of me after that event that if I had to choose one guy I would have to go wih Rory.

No one asked me to choose Rory, no one pressured me in any way or influenced me in any way. It’s just my opinion. I would love to see Dong Hyun Kim in the mix as well. They didn’t have him on the short list of guys, but I would like to see him fight any of the people I just mentioned, for the title or not. Matt Brown is another guy in the mix. He hurt his back recently, but I’m hoping he can heal up and get back in the running.

Anyway, I want to say I always appreciate the feedback from you guys because you motherfuckers are the real hard core fans and I’m one of you. I value your opinion as a whole very much. We might not all agree on certain things but I think that the one thing we all have in common here for the most part is that we’re all hard core MMA fans and I feel it is a great honor to have the privelige of repersenting us. The feedback from fans and especially the feedback from this forum in particular has made me a much better commentator, and positive or negative I appreciate it very much.

Also an interesting little tidbit, someone said I seemed “off” at the weigh ins, and there’s kind of a funny story to that. There was some sort of an audio glitch and for the first half of the weigh ins there was the spanish broadcast blaring in my ear and the production truck couldn’t talk to me. No one could figure out what was going on either. It’s weird enough to try to talk when people speaking your own language are talking in your ear, but it’s extra ****** to try to talk when you’re hearing Spanish and you’re speaking English. So if I looked confused, that’s what was up

- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/joe-rogan-resp....pKY3jDV6.dpuf

We almost never got to see the enthralling battle between Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler.
Johny Hendricks was on The MMA Hour today, and explained how a week-and-a-half old injury reemerged in the first round of his five round war with Lawler.
It’s my elbow,” Hendricks told Ariel Helwani. “It happened actually a week-and-a-half before, and it happened in the first round. Whenever I threw a hook, it just spazzed out. I don’t know what happened. I felt my arm pop. We’ll see what happens.”
Most people believed this welterweight championship bout would come down to Hendricks’ takedowns; an ace up his proverbial sleeve, against the hard-hitting Lawler. It seemed that – while the two men were somewhat equal in the stand-up department – Hendricks would be able to control where the fight would go, due to his high-level wrestling and ability to take people down at will.
When the opening bell rang, however, this ended up being quite far from the truth. And while Hendricks praises the toughness of Lawler, he seems to imply that – had his elbow been 100% during the toe-to-toe brawl – the fight could have played out a lot differently.
It was whenever I tried for takedowns, I could not get it,” Hendricks explained, after being asked if pain from the injury had been a factor in his fight.
Hendricks and his camp even flirted with the idea of pulling out of the fight… but the chance at UFC gold far outweighed any thoughts of making that depressing call to Dana White.
We thought about it, but that world championship means a lot more,” Hendricks said.
Excellent choice, Johny.
- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/injury-almost-....OxucdcSb.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
Can't wait to see what Homza. Oh, I mean Thor4140 thinks of this. Almost forgot. Here is the podcast where Thor4140/Homza goes on a schizo rant about how Sherdog is secretly "controlled opposition" & "really" works for Zuffa LLC.

http://www.sherdog.com/radio/Beatdow...Vs-Lawler-3655

To hear Thor4140/Homza's schizo rant skip to the 99:28 mark. Can't make this sh!t up!!!!!