Login Search

UFC 171 DALLAS TEXAS: Hendricks vs. Lawler

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf420 View Post
I see posters like t-wood to cover as a dog,,, i just can't bet on woodley, again,,, after what he did in the fight against shields,,, condit is a better fighter than shields is,,, condit is a wrestler, striker, with crazy jiu-jitsu and submission skills,,, wood was scared of the takedown the entire fight against shields,,, now, wood has to worry about being out wrestled, muay-thai strikes and bjj,,, I need to see more from t-wood, before I can trust putting money on his ass, again.

No comment necessary.

I'm tempted to take Hendricks by decision at +290 but I'm also considering Not Hendricks ITD at +113 to cover a possible upset by Lawler. I don't see Hendricks beating Lawler on the feet or being able to finish him on the ground. Hendricks has shown a pretty limited top game and will likely have his hands full just trying to hold Lawler down. Lawler himself is sort of an unknown variable at this point, though, as he only recently started training at ATT and hasn't shown enough in his last 3 fights (IMO) to prove that he's made really big improvements. He has a sort of nonchalance which could benefit him under the big lights but may also indicate that he's not taking this opportunity seriously enough. Regardless, any sort of Lawler is a tough fight for Hendricks and I'd be surprised if "Bigg Rigg" got the finish here.
I've been high on Jury since TUF and have never thought that much of Sanchez but I'm actually favoring Sanchez on Saturday night. Diego's wrestling is likely good enough to keep the fight standing (or maybe even take Jury down) and his striking looked good in the Melendez fight. Even if Sanchez gets outlanded on the feet he can still win rounds with his aggression, especially since the fight is in Texas and the crowd should be largely Mexican. At plus odds Diego seems too good to pass up.

@whipthecapper
2014 SBR Record: 0-2 (-3 Units)

UFC 171 Plays
==============

Tyron Woodley via Decision +245 (1 Unit for 2.5 Units)

Parlay (2 Units for 1.6 Units)
=========================
Johny Hendricks -400
Myles Jury/Diego Sanchez Over 2.5 Rounds -230

Parlay (2 Units for 3.3)
=================

Johny Hendricks (-420)
Myles Jury vs Diego Sanchez Over 2.5 Rounds (-280)
Dennis Bermudez (-175)

Parlay (1.5 Units for 2.1 Units)
=======================

Myles Jury -210
Hector Lombard -165

Parlay (0.5 Units for 3 Units)
===========================

Rick Story (-125)
Nikita Krylov/Ovince St. Preux Over 1½ -165
Raquel Pennington/Jessica Andrade Over 2½ -210
Sean Spencer/Alex Garcia Over 1½ -160

penetrate, missed the prelim line opening. I'm not really feeling any of the favorites at these odds:
Scoggins at -530? I was hoping for better numbers here, though I do think the line will come back down soon.
I can't really predict the Gastelum/Story fight and haven't seen anyone else give a detailed prediction of it either. The two are very similar but most are going with Gastelum just based on his upside and Story's inconsistency. Kelvin has been training with Hendricks for this camp as well. At even odds I'd go with Kelvin (apprehensively) but it would be a leap of faith to take him at these odds. Any thoughts?
One line I am interested in is McDaniel/Strickland. People seem to be high on Strickland for some reason I can't figure out. He is undefeated (13-0) but I watched what little tape of him i could find and wasn't impressed. Bubba, on the other hand, despite his inconsistency, is pretty talented and is underrated by many (perhaps due to his personality. Michael Bisping syndrome?) At +105 Bubba is worth consideration.

zuffa has to be the only private company in america that tells everyone they pay more than the records show and people actually believe that bullshit. Remember when Dana cut all of Golden Glory from strikeforce. Dana said it was because Golden Glory was being paid directly and Zuffa only pays the fighters not management. Well Marloes Coenen tweeted a picture of her Zuffa paycheck directly made out to her. If you seriously believe anything Dana says you're down right not paying attention at this point. I know about the bonuses. But those are completely random and go to good little employees. Anyone zuffa hates (mcmann) will not a get a dime more than what is reported. Same goes for anyone that speaks out against them. McMann is likely already cut from the company.
Last edited by torrentzflow; 03-11-14 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
penetrate, missed the prelim line opening. I'm not really feeling any of the favorites at these odds: Scoggins at -530? I was hoping for better numbers here, though I do think the line will come back down soon. I can't really predict the Gastelum/Story fight and haven't seen anyone else give a detailed prediction of it either. The two are very similar but most are going with Gastelum just based on his upside and Story's inconsistency. Kelvin has been training with Hendricks for this camp as well. At even odds I'd go with Kelvin (apprehensively) but it would be a leap of faith to take him at these odds. Any thoughts? One line I am interested in is McDaniel/Strickland. People seem to be high on Strickland for some reason I can't figure out. He is undefeated (13-0) but I watched what little tape of him i could find and wasn't impressed. Bubba, on the other hand, despite his inconsistency, is pretty talented and is underrated by many (perhaps due to his personality. Michael Bisping syndrome?) At +105 Bubba is worth consideration.
i blame the scoggins line directly on vaughany. he publicly mocked a lines maker on twitter last time scoggins got released. no one wanted to have their pants pull down in public again. thumbsdown.gif