Login Search

ufc on fx 8: belfort vs rockhold (5.18.13)

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyMcslick View Post
Didn't Bisping just get knocked out by a Vitor headkick? Very odd that you think Kennedy has superior striking to Belfort. Most all Kennedys wins are submissions. The level of competition Vitor has faced is so much better than Tims it's ridiculous. I think Tim is a great fighter, I just can't see how anyone sees him as a better striker than Belfort.

Edit:Almost all tims relevant wins have come by submission.
Their levels of competition have both been pretty low. Vitor isn't exactly beating top guys. Bisping is arguably the best win of his career, barring the cut stoppage of Couture, and the only impressive thing he's done in a long time.

I don't rate Belfort highly as a striker, he has a lot of holes and is technically pretty poor. Kennedy has semi-decent hands and good kicks, which puts him above Belfort in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
I dunno man, gonna have to disagree with you heavily here. I'd consider Kennedy to be a better striker than Belfort, considering his boxing is almost as good and he also has kicks, and his wrestling is very good. A bit undersized for the division, but I think only the elite will beat him convincingly. He can give a lot of problems to a lot of top ten guys.
good-lord. Are you drinking?

Middleweight Constantinos Philippou (12-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC) reportedly has suffered a cut and will be forced out of his fight with Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (17-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC). Chris Camozzi (19-5 MMA, 6-2 UFC) now will move up to fill in for Philippou to meet Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (17-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) in the co-main event. And with Camozzi's spot against Rafael Natal (15-4-1 MMA, 3-2-1 UFC) vacated, promotional newcomer Joao Zeferino (13-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will fight on short notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
Anyone like Dunham? Been a fan of his and may tend to overrated him. Dos Anjos is a solid fighter, but Dunham is too and is well-rounded. 2 to 1 favorite seems steep...no?
I like Dunham, but I haven't studied tape on it yet. No one has been able to hold Dunham down, no reason to think Dos Anjos can, and on the feet, Dunham is better. I like Dunham at dog odds, at this point. I might feel differently once I study it though.