Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Problem is Roufus and the other Roufus MMA guys have turned this in to a personal vendetta thing now with those that have spoken out about the gym like Rose and Barry. Roufus' response in that article is about 90% about his character and gym principles and only a smidgen at the end is actually concerning the initial issue and most important thing which is the death of Derek Munson jr. Even Barry has realised this and posted on Facebook saying that all the other shiiit is secondary and that the focus should be on the Derek Munson situation - not on whether Fighter X once got bullied by Fighter Z

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
Both Pat and Koch's chins are also smashes to shit. Seems like a pretty toxic environment to train in. I guess their only really good fighter is Anthony, and he's such a special talent he could flourish anywhere.
They have obviously turned Askren into a world class striker

Jordan Breen@jordanbreen <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1m1 minute ago</small>
Hypothetical: if Carlos Condit tumbles down the UFC rankings due to injury and inactivity, does he not make shit from Reebok for his return?
Mookie Alexander@mookiealexander <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1m1 minute ago</small>
@jordanbreen Supposedly unranked fighters still get a cut but at a much lower tier.

https://twitter.com/ItsMikeFagan/sta...48962946396160

This uniform idea is terrible.
Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-28-15 at 10:49 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
mMa biggest sport in world reebok pay $70 million over 6 yr exclusive deal, Manchester United club football team get $ 1 billion over 3 yrs
Huh? As far as im aware Man Utd had a deal with Nike for 13 years worth 350 million and tht expires next year. Then they will make 1.2billion over 10 years from Adidas
Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-28-15 at 10:49 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
Yeah, I read that a little while ago. Few problems with Roufus's argument:

1) Talking about how nice of a guy you are does not invalidate any of the Hitleresque stories about you.
2) The problems here have nothing to do with large-scale coaching issues (such as "sparring less often"), and everything to do with the personal side of coaching (such as "sparring less murderously.")
3) Scott Cushman is still coaching at his gym. This means that Duke does not deem his actions serious enough to warrant his dismissal (though Duke did deem them serious enough to warrant covering them up.)

He is clearly a bully, as far as I'm concerned.
I believe a lot of it is EGO when it comes to Duke. For someone who claims to have tripped many times it would seem that Duke still has much to learn. He seems like the kind of guy who goes into denial mode but after awhile comes out to face the truth. Hopefully Duke will come to terms with what has occurred in the past and learn.