Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
Yeah.. i just watched the first episode Lol. as an adult pretty much the only cartoons i watch is futurama sometimes and the anime berserk which i recently got into and is actually incredible and one of the best shows iv'e ever seen.

But i will take your advice and keep watching AT, as now i want to know what makes grown men speak so highly of a cartoon involving candy people. Lol
Yeah its totally weird to go back and watch episodes from the first season after what the show became in season 3 onwards. Theres some good episodes mixed in to the early stuff but its just evolved so much, what its become bears literally no resemblance to the early episodes. If you have your doubts let me know, I can send you a few of the best episodes, they are all online, and at ~10ish minutes a piece there is not a huge time commitment.

One of the most interesting things about the show is the plotline about what the "candy people" actually are. Like I said, it grows in depth immensely, there is so much background and lore to this show its actually shocking.
Last edited by Sacrelicious; 06-07-14 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
I have a vape, don't really enjoy the taste of it though. Bong for getting wrecked, blunt for self-satisfaction.
Bongs end up filtering out some of the THC through the water. Way more +Expected Stone to vape. I never appreciated the taste of weed until I started vaping. Pretty much spent years 15-27 in Willie Wonkaville.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
Bongs end up filtering out some of the THC through the water. Way more +Expected Stone to vape. I never appreciated the taste of weed until I started vaping. Pretty much spent years 15-27 in Willie Wonkaville.
Speaking of vaping, I just quit a 10 year 20-30 cig/day habbit with one of these penetrating e cigs. Vaping for the penetrating win.

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
Yeah.. i just watched the first episode Lol. as an adult pretty much the only cartoons i watch is futurama sometimes and the anime berserk which i recently got into and is actually incredible and one of the best shows iv'e ever seen.

But i will take your advice and keep watching AT, as now i want to know what makes grown men speak so highly of a cartoon involving candy people. Lol
Just be careful with that, a lot of people watch the series and end up disappointed.

Basically, without spoiling anything, it's an adaptation of the manga, which is separated into arcs; one of the first arcs is a flashback arc which explains how the main characters met, and the anime is an adaptation of that arc (other than the first episode); it ends when that arc ends, which happens to be an incredibly frustrating end-point.

Still one of the best anime of all time, though; the movies are spectacular too.

Speaking of "one of the best anime of all time":

One of the best works of fiction surrounding time-travel I've ever seen. Some f-cked up shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
Just be careful with that, a lot of people watch the series and end up disappointed.

Basically, without spoiling anything, it's an adaptation of the manga, which is separated into arcs; one of the first arcs is a flashback arc which explains how the main characters met, and the anime is an adaptation of that arc (other than the first episode); it ends when that arc ends, which happens to be an incredibly frustrating end-point.

Still one of the best anime of all time, though; the movies are spectacular too.

Speaking of "one of the best anime of all time":

One of the best works of fiction surrounding time-travel I've ever seen. Some f-cked up shit.
I already know all this. and i have started reading the manga also. Another anime / manga i got into is gantz some crazy bizarre ****** up shit, with interesting story. but i put that hold right now as there is just too much berserk. i will remember steins and check that out at a later time. seems like you have good taste in some stuff. shame you have to go and start shit out of nowhere when i think were cool. if you stop doing this, then we will get along fine