Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
It's obvious that the poster of the above is not one of the popular kids in this school...but don't let your tendency to "consider the source" (and insult it without thinking) blind you to the accuracty of the bold-faced first-sentence of his post

the second sentence of course is a stretch you may clearly disagree with...but heed well the first sentence
(regardless of who wrote it...and regardless of who Overeen is pitted against)

Overeen = proceed with extreme caution = cap with the focus of asking "how likely is it that his opponent will survive the initial brutal onslaught"...if the answer is "more likely than that implied by the price"...then be prepared for your money to go down as hard as Over-roid/Under-cardio/Under-chin has shown us he can...and there'll be absolutely no excuse THIS TIME for anyone thick enough to put any substantial money on this "Will he fool us Thrice???" matchup

Overeen is a definite NO-PLAY for me (unless Mir is ridiculously-enough dog-priced to consider that option)...
I don't think his statement is accurate at all. There is pretty much no one in the sport whom I wouldn't be willing to go big on against someone. It's all percentages. A fighter's weaknesses are something to be factored in, but sometimes they're not enough to offset how much of an advantage they should realistically have.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
My current favourite BFO blunder.

Daniel Cormier -300
Rashad Evans +240
Over 2½ rounds -180 -180
Under 2½ rounds +140 +140
Over 4½ rounds -195 -195
Under 4½ rounds +155 +155
i dont get it

because they didnt take down the total from when it was supposed to be a 5 round fight?
Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 09-17-15 at 02:33 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
i dont get it

because they didnt take down the total from when it was supposed to be a 5 round fight?
Yes, but that's not why I like it. I find it funny where the o4.5 closed, and where 5D opened the o2.5 in relation to it. Supports a theory I have.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Tommy Blingshyne gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
yea, noticed that as well. that's more of a 5d/kalikas blunder though, not bfo.

interested in this theory. pm me if you dont want to post it.
Well, their blunder was in leaving the o4.5 up, which is pretty irrelevant and unimportant, it's just for the reason posted above that I like it.

I'll PM you about it later today if I remember.