Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
Pierce should of had the shots Koscheck and Story had plus Hendricks too. Palhares quits dont put $ on quitters.
meh, won't be a big bet. Palhares is now with Team Nog (for what that is worth). Perhaps I believe too much in Brazil Black Magic. But he hasn't lost there. Me thinks the long time off and desperate move to 170 has him re-thinking his goofy antics. I like Mike Pierce, but he isn't exactly Lombard or Belcher or a roided up Marquardt.

Brazilians in Brazil are $$$. At +250 I will lay small. Pierce's game doesn't match well with Palhares. He defiantly could land a hard shot from the clinch and send Palhares falling down like a fish out of water. But other than that he will have to grind him. Palhares has lost to established black belts who could punch and kick. 185ers no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
meh, won't be a big bet. Palhares is now with Team Nog (for what that is worth). Perhaps I believe too much in Brazil Black Magic. But he hasn't lost there. Me thinks the long time off and desperate move to 170 has him re-thinking his goofy antics. I like Mike Pierce, but he isn't exactly Lombard or Belcher or a roided up Marquardt.

Brazilians in Brazil are $$$. At +250 I will lay small. Pierce's game doesn't match well with Palhares. He defiantly could land a hard shot from the clinch and send Palhares falling down like a fish out of water. But other than that he will have to grind him. Palhares has lost to established black belts who could punch and kick. 185ers no less.
Pierce would wreck Lombard at 170 I think. He does almost everything better and is a similar threat to Palhares.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
Pierce would wreck Lombard at 170 I think. He does almost everything better and is a similar threat to Palhares.
I'm no Lombard fan. But he is a different fighter than Pierce. Lombard doesn't look to clinch. Lombard throws wild hard strikes and has legs like tree trunks. Pierce's game is to dirty it up and clinch and beat you up. I'm thinking he is game-planning to rather box from the outside and use clinch less in this fight,

I'm no Lombard fan. But he is a different fighter than Pierce. Lombard doesn't look to clinch. Lombard throws wild hard strikes and has legs like tree trunks. Pierce's game is to dirty it up and clinch and beat you up. I'm thinking he is game-planning to rather box from the outside and use clinch less in this fight,
Yeah I don't see them as very similar. Granted they both have good wrestling and T-rex arms. Lombard has a very good ground game and his striking is very different. I can't wait to see him fight Marky Marquardt.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
Someone asked, so I figured it'd be fine. Not like I'm advertising or anything.

You would have banned me? You? It's a bad day when Vaughany would ban you for something. I thought you were cool bro, like China.
haha

look brah, I dont make the rulez around here ya hear me, you can racially abuse somebody like DFC did endlessly, you can create endless pointless threadz about Mayweather, but if you mention your twitter or email address than it's game over son. Me and Shari locking that shiit dowwwn

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
haha

look brah, I dont make the rulez around here ya hear me, you can racially abuse somebody like DFC did endlessly, you can create endless pointless threadz about Mayweather, but if you mention your twitter or email address than it's game over son. Me and Shari locking that shiit dowwwn

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
haha

Yeah the rules here, sheesh. I mean, I certainly don't mind if people get overtly personal and insulting, but what the fukk, we have a guy going around posting pictures of lynchings, using racial slurs and glorifying such things. People going around this forum and stalking each other and letting the meanness out of their system is just fine and all, but it's pretty crazy how you can go around posting things that are borderline criminal in some parts of the world without no one giving a rats ass, but posting a tweet can get you in hot water.

so md, do you see value in pierce? or you just wouldn't touch paul harris? what do you cap it at?
Considering that Palhares looked as if he could have died at any moment during the weigh-ins, I'm going to say around -370 for Pierce. Too many unknowns for me to 'cap him any higher. It's an awkward fight because while Pierce is incredibly predictable, Palhares isn't, and conventional takedown defence isn't exactly a good measure of someone's ability to stop a guy like Palhares from dragging them to the floor.