Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
gastelum moving down from 185, isnt he? i think he will have enough of a wrestling edge to control where the fight goes.
Yup. Won't look much bigger than Melancon though, they're both very short and stocky. I give a considerable striking edge and a decent wrestling edge to Melancon. I think that if Melancon wants to take him down, he probably can. Gastelum's clearest route to victory is a tiring grindfest where he really tests Melancon's cardio, but I honestly don't know if he's good enough to do that. The degree to which Melancon is better should be far too much. It's not even a close fight on paper in my opinion, I think Gastelum's will, potential improvement, and willingness to really get in Melancon's face make the fight a lot closer than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
Yup. Won't look much bigger than Melancon though, they're both very short and stocky. I give a considerable striking edge and a decent wrestling edge to Melancon. I think that if Melancon wants to take him down, he probably can. Gastelum's clearest route to victory is a tiring grindfest where he really tests Melancon's cardio, but I honestly don't know if he's good enough to do that. The degree to which Melancon is better should be far too much. It's not even a close fight on paper in my opinion, I think Gastelum's will, potential improvement, and willingness to really get in Melancon's face make the fight a lot closer than it should be.
appreciate your thoughts, as usual. this is admittedly a bit of wikicapping, but i have trouble backing someone (melancon) who lost a decision to a 145lb fighter that i've never heard of (adam schindler). have you seen any footage of this fight?

appreciate your thoughts, as usual. this is admittedly a bit of wikicapping, but i have trouble backing someone (melancon) who lost a decision to a 145lb fighter that i've never heard of (adam schindler). have you seen any footage of this fight?
Nope, never saw it. Not concerned with it to be honest. I really just think he's better in every single technical area than Gastelum is. Schindler isn't much smaller than Melancon by the way. They're the same height and they're both pretty thick guys. Calling Schindler a 145er is a bit misleading, he only had a couple of fights there, he looked awful in both of them and he immediately went back to 155. He was pretty much Rumblecutting to 145.

Sssshhhh! Quiet please! If MD wants to walk off the Melancon cliff, then let him. Gastelum is winning this fight and I plan on putting my $ where my mouth is. I guess we will find out who was right soon enough.

Nope, never saw it. Not concerned with it to be honest. I really just think he's better in every single technical area than Gastelum is. Schindler isn't much smaller than Melancon by the way. They're the same height and they're both pretty thick guys. Calling Schindler a 145er is a bit misleading, he only had a couple of fights there, he looked awful in both of them and he immediately went back to 155. He was pretty much Rumblecutting to 145.
i'll respond with more wikicapping, but this schindler was tko'd by ronnie mann, who fights at 135. Wish I could see that fight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
Sssshhhh! Quiet please! If MD wants to walk off the Melancon cliff, then let him. Gastelum is winning this fight and I plan on putting my $ where my mouth is. I guess we will find out who was right soon enough.
Good logic.

i'll respond with more wikicapping, but this schindler was tko'd by ronnie mann, who fights at 135. Wish I could see that fight though.
At featherweight, where he looked awful. Rumblecut bro.

fair enough. i'd still be concerned about it, however.
I always appreciate input, especially from someone whom I consider sharp. Thanks for your thoughts buddy.

Here's a crazy one: I think Barao is being wildly overvalued. Thoughts?
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Ron_Paul_2012 gave MD 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

I always appreciate input, especially from someone whom I consider sharp. Thanks for your thoughts buddy.

Here's a crazy one: I think Barao is being wildly overvalued. Thoughts?
i'm not ready to opine on that one, unfortunately. speaking off the cuff, i'd have to agree that he's being overvalued. not sure about "wildly overvalued" though.

i'm not ready to opine on that one, unfortunately. speaking off the cuff, i'd have to agree that he's being overvalued. not sure about "wildly overvalued" though.
I 'capped him at about -250. Even that might be a little bit of a stretch.

Although, I 'capped Tavares over McDaniel at like -1700, so what do I know.