Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by raag View Post
I feel like Machida looked pretty poor though, footwork was lacking in round1/2 and he looked sluggish
I thought his footwork looked very good, as is typical of Machida. He didn't need to retreat as much against Davis because Davis wasn't really pressuring him.

Surprised at how easily he shrugged off Davis on most of his attempts, too. The first takedown (which cost him the fight) actually came from him getting overconfident. When he blitzed Davis, I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOO" until Davis hit the mat, then I figured it'd be fine, but Lyoto continued trying to overwhelm Davis and ended up clinched and tripped.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
I thought his footwork looked very good, as is typical of Machida. He didn't need to retreat as much against Davis because Davis wasn't really pressuring him.

Surprised at how easily he shrugged off Davis on most of his attempts, too. The first takedown (which cost him the fight) actually came from him getting overconfident. When he blitzed Davis, I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOO" until Davis hit the mat, then I figured it'd be fine, but Lyoto continued trying to overwhelm Davis and ended up clinched and tripped.
not according to judge watts...that doofus actually gave machida round 1 but somehow scored round 3 for davis...how could he get it so right and then get it so wrong? WTF was he watching? crazy...oh well...on to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
Interesting opinion. So you believe that Santiago's TDD is good enough to handle Harris?
When he wins, yeah. It's one of those fights where if he wins, he's probably going to stuff Harris and brutalize him on the feet, or possibly (unlikely) get a submission from the bottom. If he loses, he's probably going to get taken down over, and over, and over, and have very little offence. I doubt it's a close fight. When Harris wins, he'll win hard, but Santiago wins more often, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
When he wins, yeah. It's one of those fights where if he wins, he's probably going to stuff Harris and brutalize him on the feet, or possibly (unlikely) get a submission from the bottom. If he loses, he's probably going to get taken down over, and over, and over, and have very little offence. I doubt it's a close fight. When Harris wins, he'll win hard, but Santiago wins more often, I think.
I give a slight edge to Santiago. However, I missed him at + odds so I plan on staying away from this match.