Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
Seriously? I was thinking of taking Ferreira by KO, but when I started to watch footage, I foolishly started with footage on Ferreira, which of course made me laugh and go watch someone else's fights.
Santos has absolutely ZERO ground game (and i mean ZERO) bad TDD aswell, and when pressured he backs up with his chin straight for anyone to hit. Santos is also fighting with a couple of weeks notice, and out of his weightclass (he's a WW)

Mutante has a ground game, has learned to pace himself alot more not as eager to leave openings like he used to, and he's very athletic and explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
Santos has absolutely ZERO ground game (and i mean ZERO) bad TDD aswell, and when pressured he backs up with his chin straight for anyone to hit. Santos is also fighting with a couple of weeks notice, and out of his weightclass (he's a WW)

Mutante has a ground game, has learned to pace himself alot more not as eager to leave openings like he used to, and he's very athletic and explosive.
This.

Santos was an embarrassment on a show filled with embarrassments. The fact that he picked up wins was a shock, one was an obvious bad decision IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
you think magny can eek out an away win?
I think the fight probably won't be very close. Either Magny stuffs Moraes consistently enough to beat him up on the feet and get the finish or a clear decision, or he gets taken down to a submission or clear decision. There could be a middle ground, but I find it unlikely.

Tough night with a lot of variance. My apologies to anyone who tailed me and lost. The Machida fight went pretty much exactly as I expected it to, barring the decision, although I did think he could get a late KO.

I thought I was on the right side of that one, or at least my analysis was correct, lost on Magny, and Magalhaes ITD. Leites decision and fight goes distance both cashed, as did Aldo, but finished down for the night unfortunately.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/4/...l-three-rounds

I agree with him in both regards. He probably should have learned his lesson after the Rampage fight. Not saying he should have rushed Phil, risked getting taken down and gone for the KO, but more activity would have been smart. Saying he should have just finished Davis is a bit silly, though. Going more heavily for the finish would have been an idiotic move for Machida.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
Tough night with a lot of variance. My apologies to anyone who tailed me and lost. The Machida fight went pretty much exactly as I expected it to, barring the decision, although I did think he could get a late KO.

I thought I was on the right side of that one, or at least my analysis was correct, lost on Magny, and Magalhaes ITD. Leites decision and fight goes distance both cashed, as did Aldo, but finished down for the night unfortunately.
The Machida fight destroyed many parlays for me. Overall I lost about 10% of my total BR. Obviously I had Machida comfortably winning the match. I was in disbelief & shock when Buffer announced Davis had won. To be honest I am still searching websites for news that it was a typo or perhaps the judges got the Blue & Red corners reversed. I thought Magny & Magalhaes were going to win as well. I'm watching tape for the WSOF card that's coming next week. I plan on crushing the books without mercy!