Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
I like Cuickshank to overwhelm Edwards. I am just a bit worried that Edwards might find his chin. He did it to Oliviera and Jeremy Stephens. They aren't terrible. They aren't amazing or anything of course but they aren't total crap. Edwards is getting old and has a lot of mileage but of course he has been winning fights. Tough call IMO. Experience vs youth. Edwards ground game is pretty decent too. You never know if Cuickshank will shoot for a takedown or get taken down. He is a solid wrestler but who knows what his BJJ looks like. I also worry that Cuickshank's decision to train with his dad is going to catch up with him. Edwards is down at ATT getting experienced and professional MMA instruction.
Cruickshank's camp is about as bad as camps get at the top level, but if you saw his last fight, you should know that it doesn't matter.

I really doubt that it'll hit the ground on Edwards' terms either.

Yeah it didn't matter in that fight but I am worried that it could catch up with him. Yves Edwards is experienced enough to at least have the ability to exploit Cuickshanks inexperience. That said I am considering a bet on Cuick just because of his youth and power.

Yeah it didn't matter in that fight but I am worried that it could catch up with him. Yves Edwards is experienced enough to at least have the ability to exploit Cuickshanks inexperience. That said I am considering a bet on Cuick just because of his youth and power.
You're not getting what I'm saying. Compare him to how he was in the Martinez fight. He looked like a completely different fighter. No one commented on it, but he literally looked like he had taken two years off to train. He was just fighting a guy who everyone underestimates, while he himself was riding on some hype. The Makdessi who fought Cruickshank would have levelled the Cruickshank who fought Martinez.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
You're not getting what I'm saying. Compare him to how he was in the Martinez fight. He looked like a completely different fighter. No one commented on it, but he literally looked like he had taken two years off to train. He was just fighting a guy who everyone underestimates, while he himself was riding on some hype. The Makdessi who fought Cruickshank would have levelled the Cruickshank who fought Martinez.
The Makdessi fight was insane. I got lucky on that one

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
IIRC, I was on Makdessi and thought he would steam roll through
I wouldn't say you were lucky. Makdessi is two levels above how I thought Cruickshank would look, and a level above how he did look. Makdessi gave up the first round, but controlled it after that.

Cruickshank's camp is about as bad as camps get at the top level, but if you saw his last fight, you should know that it doesn't matter.

I really doubt that it'll hit the ground on Edwards' terms either.
I just watched Cuickshank vs Makdessi. Cuickshank did look pretty damn good. Makdessi is very good on the feet. I guess I'll watch a little more tape on Edwards. I am leaning towards Cuickshank in this one. His pace is pretty high Edwards is turning 37 in November.

I wouldn't say you were lucky. Makdessi is two levels above how I thought Cruickshank would look, and a level above how he did look. Makdessi gave up the first round, but controlled it after that.
Cuickshank did pretty well in the second round. He lost it pretty clearly but he landed some good shots. The third round was more of a domination.

Cuickshank did pretty well in the second round. He lost it pretty clearly but he landed some good shots. The third round was more of a domination.
I don't agree with that. Third round was completely dominant, but the second was extremely close in my opinion.

Yeah it was pretty close but I thought Makdessi was starting to turn the tide of the fight towards the end with his punching combinations. I tried to find tape on Edwards but I couldn't really get anything. My ufc vault subscription isn't that great, they only give you half the fights. Anyways I read play by plays on his fight with Ferguson and Flagg. Ferguson seemed to be landing on him quite a bit. Flagg somewhat. I am starting to get the feeling that Cuickshank should be able to win this one. I just took him for ko of the night at +1500. I will probably put something on him straight as well. I am already on Castillo for 2 units and I'm a little worried about it. Means has a good deal of power. I am just hoping that Castillo can get him down and hold him down. Aside from that I kinda like Julie Kedzie to mix it up and win but I don't like betting WMMA + Germaine is a very experienced kickboxer coming from a good camp. Outside of that I will probably be on Masvial and DJ. DJ should be too slick for Moraga and I think Masvidal should be able to mix it up. Though I am a little worried Cheisa can pull something off with his wrestling and submission game. He was pretty quick to latch onto Anton Kuivanens back and get that chokehold in. I think Masvidal is a better all around fighter than Anton but I just not sure where to cap Chiesa abilities. He hasn't beaten anyone that great but he has beaten everyone he has fought.