Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
After rewatching that Silva/Weidman fight a few times, I suggest you all do the same. I didn't notice it much the first time, but Weidman actually beat the shit out of Silva on the feet, in both rounds. Silva barely landed anything significant, and Weidman was bombing Silva on the chin on multiple occasions. The fight wasn't close and neither was the standup. One judge gave Silva round one by the way, LOL.
I fully agree, not only that but he was able to use footwork and head movement to evade some lightning fast strikes from silva. He was even able to successfully block silva' high kicks, almost the only thing that connected were leg kicks and a jab or two. I have watched that fight about a dozen times to try and figure out exactally whaat was going on, weidman's movement was exceptional.

We're on the same side almost all the time, which I like. Was surprised to see you on Gracie though.
Pal, think I mentioned in another thread here that I changed my mind on that fight and thought it might bite me in my ass. Had Kennedy the whole way via better standup, wrestling, and thought he wouldn't get tapped so figured he'd win UD. Think said it here, could've been coked up though.

Anyway for dumb focking reason I started feeling that Gracie could use his reach and throw out jabs keeping Kennedy from closing the distance and then thinking Gracie would outgrapple him. I focked up broski. Good thing I put another 1.5 ubits on Weidman the night before the fight after drinking half gallon of vodka. Wish I was more focked up and added another zero.

After rewatching that Silva/Weidman fight a few times, I suggest you all do the same. I didn't notice it much the first time, but Weidman actually beat the shit out of Silva on the feet, in both rounds. Silva barely landed anything significant, and Weidman was bombing Silva on the chin on multiple occasions. The fight wasn't close and neither was the standup. One judge gave Silva round one by the way, LOL.
Bro, after hearing the Silva fanboys say "Silva let him win, and Silva would murder Weidman with one punch if he tried" I went back and watched the fight 5 times while sober (started sweating like Pat Ewing).

Seems to me Weidman easily took Silva down and started pushing his melon into canvas repeatedly. Then when it stood up cracked Silva with left hook against cage and landed a big straight right. Not sure what the Silva fanboys or that one crooked judge saw but Weidman won the entire fight right up until he put Silva to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
Bro, after hearing the Silva fanboys say "Silva let him win, and Silva would murder Weidman with one punch if he tried" I went back and watched the fight 5 times while sober (started sweating like Pat Ewing).

Seems to me Weidman easily took Silva down and started pushing his melon into canvas repeatedly. Then when it stood up cracked Silva with left hook against cage and landed a big straight right. Not sure what the Silva fanboys or that one crooked judge saw but Weidman won the entire fight right up until he put Silva to sleep.
Yeah weidman was having his way with him the whole time, as I stated, I have also watched this fight many times. I was blown away most by weidmans footwork and head movement, the guy is the real deal. "He gave the fight to him" is the only way people who have been sucking silvas wang and never heard of weidman can muster.

Yeah, after i saw the fight a few times a few things looked much better for Weidman than what i could gauge live (my stream started jumping for the final fight grrr). But i feel like again, just like Silva does this every time (clown and shit) he also does every time the same like he takes his time, clowns you and then deliver the killer shots. All im trying to say is that the way the fight went was not 100% indicative of who has whom number or like to see Weidman as a lock like my good pal Rocka here is making you believe. That fight was very chotic and could have ended on way different ways if that KO wouldnt have come right there.

What Chris did was a monumental task and it kinda took its tall. I dont mean his skills but this thing that everyone enters the octagon already defeated. Weidmans mind and gameplan was what made him win. IMO he could have tired because all the pressure that comes with fighting "the freaking unbeatable bruce lee of MMA" as Chris said himself.
So i do feel Chris will do much better the second time around. The pressure wont be as bad.

I dont see this argument that Silva did way too much clowning....he did enough to make Chris pissed like he probably wanted and he made him swing like he wanted. Chris admited Silva really got in his head and thats why he started swinging.

The more i think about it the more i like Weidman but still dont get too carried away with how this one unfolded.

I do like Weidman's line right now....but is the fight booked? I withdrawed 50 units from my accounts and dont feel like attaching money if the fight isnt booked. It could be on new year eve show or superbowl weekend.....fucken long time.

OH god all this hype on Rory and the fight is still three weeks away uugh. Thank god for some reason my book posted the lines early so i don't have to end up taking Rory at -500. Since my wager is in, Ellenberger has one shot and it is what Vaug said and that is if Rory comes in injured which is a possibility. Keep hyping Rory guys. Maybe he can lose a terrible split decision so we all lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
Yeah, after i saw the fight a few times a few things looked much better for Weidman than what i could gauge live (my stream started jumping for the final fight grrr). But i feel like again, just like Silva does this every time (clown and shit) he also does every time the same like he takes his time, clowns you and then deliver the killer shots. All im trying to say is that the way the fight went was not 100% indicative of who has whom number or like to see Weidman as a lock like my good pal Rocka here is making you believe. That fight was very chotic and could have ended on way different ways if that KO wouldnt have come right there.

What Chris did was a monumental task and it kinda took its tall. I dont mean his skills but this thing that everyone enters the octagon already defeated. Weidmans mind and gameplan was what made him win. IMO he could have tired because all the pressure that comes with fighting "the freaking unbeatable bruce lee of MMA" as Chris said himself.
So i do feel Chris will do much better the second time around. The pressure wont be as bad.

I dont see this argument that Silva did way too much clowning....he did enough to make Chris pissed like he probably wanted and he made him swing like he wanted. Chris admited Silva really got in his head and thats why he started swinging.

The more i think about it the more i like Weidman but still dont get too carried away with how this one unfolded.

I do like Weidman's line right now....but is the fight booked? I withdrawed 50 units from my accounts and dont feel like attaching money if the fight isnt booked. It could be on new year eve show or superbowl weekend.....fucken long time.
If it does happen it wont be until February next year

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
OH god all this hype on Rory and the fight is still three weeks away uugh. Thank god for some reason my book posted the lines early so i don't have to end up taking Rory at -500. Since my wager is in, Ellenberger has one shot and it is what Vaug said and that is if Rory comes in injured which is a possibility. Keep hyping Rory guys. Maybe he can lose a terrible split decision so we all lose.
I've seen a lot more hype on Ellenberger on other forums. Granted we are the elite of the elite on here so is all that matters

Line has been out for ages, if Rory was that hyped he'd be at -300 to -400 range already but has actually only gone from -160 to -225 range since opening. Will probably stay like that until fight week